the drug theft, substance abuse, too many drugs to the wrong patients, mental health problems, language skills independence and serious deficiencies in the basic taidoissakin.
every year hundreds of health care professionals have Valvira under the watchful eyes of under the job abuses, lack of skill or a professional of your weakened state of health.
the Amount has increased many times during the 2000s. In 2018, the supervisory board has dealt with a total of about 200. Of these, about half concerning the professional rights of removal or professional designation to prohibit the use of temporary, indefinite, or forever.
Health care control department group manager Kirsi Liukkonen valvira from the estimates that the caseload increase is due, above all, information and control increases, not so much unskilled of or other abuse of absolute growth.
Patients and the other authorities are more sensitive to inform the suspicions and grievances. It is exclusively a good thing.
– of Course the best would be, if the problems be addressed as early as possible without that the supervisory authorities should intervene in the professional activities, Liukkonen said.the Public more
Notifications will become numerically more public side than the private sector. The reason is not only the difference between workers, also, that the public side of the control can be more precise, Liukkonen estimates.
– the Primary responsibility for the work of observation and the ills of tackling is on the employer, but for example, if a doctor is self-employed, such a coat is not necessarily. Therefore, it is possible that private companies become so sensitive with cases. Accurate statistical data however, this is not, Liukkonen said.
valvira, the processing will end up only in the most severe cases, as before, Valvira interference is usually dealt with already in the workplace and the regional state administrative agency.
If their efforts are not enough, the front can be Valvira supervisory board processing. The board also has all the most radical means to interfere in the exercise of a profession: the only decision can be to restrict or remove a healthcare professional's professional rights.
Restrictions can mean in practice, for example, that the doctor is allowed to prescribe certain drugs or work is the task manager control. If the professional rights taken completely away, not by a doctor or other health professional can do their job at all.can not increase the most common causes of occupational rights in the loss or restriction are on health status-related reasons such as substance abuse or drug abuse or improperly done prescriptions. Mostphotos
the most Common causes of occupational rights in the loss or restriction are on health status-related reasons such as substance abuse or drug abuse or improperly done prescriptions, Liukkonen lists.
the List has in recent years risen also lack of skill. A typical example is the overseas-educated doctor, whose professional skills are not equivalent to Finnish treatment practices.
Although similar qualifications recognised in the European union, it still does not always guarantee that skills should be sufficient, Liukkonen points out.
some of the failure is not Liukkonen, according to the data resulted in patients deaths in Finland, but the treatment may have been prolonged, it could cause the patient harm or extra cost to the patient.
recently, the public has been also discussed nursing students, which has been noticed already training model in the field inappropriate.
Valvira has Liukkonen, according to be of concern primarily to the fact that already training to address known health problems such as drug addiction or mental health problems.
– It is not in anyone's interest that the care sector inappropriate person to be completed, Liukkonen said.the Final you remove the rare
professional practice rights is limited in most cases so far. In this case, the professional can get their rights back, when you feel again fit for work or eligible to your profession.
Liukkonen, according to the so far, the decision does not provide any time limit on when rights can apply to the back. They get back, however, only if you can plausibly demonstrate to the board that the removal led to a reason such as health condition is work at the level required by.
for Example, last year the rights for a refund or restrictions was applied 43 times. Over half of the cases were rejected.
– the Applicant should submit a reliable report that the reason is, so to speak, stopped. He should, for example, shows that has sought to appropriate treatment, committed to it and that the situation is stable.
– Unfortunately, often including substance abuse problems are long-term and recovery will take time. Lightly rights is not given back, Liukkonen said.
in the most serious cases, Valvira can take professional training right away for good. Such cases have Liukkonen, there have been a total of only a dozen valvira's supervision history.
– Then there is a very serious professional activity in the crimes, on the basis of which it can be considered that the person is not worthy of their trust, that could work in their profession. These are fortunately rare, but still very unpleasant cases.Lawyers salapoliiseina
the Board's decision, usually preceded by at least months of investigation. Information acquired from many different sources such as pharmacies, worker jobs, care locations or universities, which test can be sent to the skills measured on the test.
If the situation seems particularly acute, and threats to patient safety, Valvira can take rights away temporarily already in the showdown stage.
Liukkonen compare the data collection for the sleuthing work, where the lawyers ' experience and professional skills are emphasized. Valvira in working with currently 15 lawyers only health professionals evaluation process, which.
Work is continuing risk assessment. A certain "feel" to be things, in order to be able to assess how quickly something needs to be addressed.
Liukkonen admit that risk assessment always succeed.
the authority does not have a crystal ball, so sometimes may be hindsight to say that things would have become otherwise. However, the authority will assess the measures just for a moment because on the basis of information and their resource basis, which it is.