Jan Nilsson was the one who dragged in the time and built up the STCC at its inception in 1996. He won the championship in the first two years, and is one of the most winning drivers throughout the years. He takes the news of the bankruptcy of the hard.
– the STCC has been the backbone of american racing since 1996, died this morning. It is an era that goes in the grave, " he says.
the STCC has been the premier racing series in Sweden since its inception in 1996. But the company has for several years had difficulty finding financiers. Not the least bets on the temporary courts, Solvalla in stockholm and Skövde has cost a lot of money.
went plus minus zero drawn STCC AB with such big deficits that they no longer see any possibility to continue.
– the Company has reached the point where it no longer has the prerequisites to drive the business forward, " says a centrally placed person in the STCC AB to the TT.
But the championship will continue. The Swedish Asn, the TCR Scandinavia and the organizing courses come together to ensure that there will be a racingsäsong even 2019.
" We have a clear plan already. The bankruptcy comes as a flash from a clear sky. We feel well prepared for that we should be able to implement it in a really good way, " says Greger Petersson from TCR Scandinavia.
the major investment is about 2020 and beyond.
– But we'll be sure to 2019 will be so good it just might. At present, it looks as if it is the same program announced, " says Greger Petersson
the Only uncertainty is the race at Jyllandsringen then the danes have not been in the conversations in the same way as the Swedish organizers.
But the question is what the championship will be hot. For the STCC is a registered trademark that now belongs to konkursbolaget. It will be a task for a trustee to manage.
" We have no answer to the question of the name than. It may be that it is called the TCR Scandinavia, it can be STCC or a completely new name, similar to the STCC, " says Greger Petersson.
now check that one of the organizers.
– Bankruptcy is a sad day for american racing. STCC has lift american racing for many years. But now we take the new action. It is for us to focus forward, " says Anna Nordkvist, ceo of the Swedish Asn.
– It is an important task to keep this championship. This is our highest racingklass, kungaklassen. It is important that the motivation for children and young people who come to the sport that you see here steps up, " she says.
if the bankruptcy had two of the big teams, the Volkswagen Dealer Team with the champion Johan Kristoffersson and the West Coast Racing with Fredrik Ekblom, declared that the jumps of the season.
" We'll still get together a good enough line-up, maybe not as eminent as in the last year, but good enough for it to be interesting. We hope to be able to attract some new ones as well, " said Greger Petersson.
Read more: Historic Åhlin-Kottulinsky continue driving in the STCC, 2019