Both Haas in the fun half of the field in the first workout. Romain Grosjean as high as five in the second, and probably as important as the move in løbstrim quite competitive both in the French and Danish side of the garage.
the Hope was that the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya would fit Haas car better than Silverstone and Red Bull Ring, but træningstiderne came as a positive surprise.
- Pinch me in the arm ... We don't know where it came from. We made some good setup work at the Silverstone in my hand, but sixth in the first training session and five in the other. What a day.
Hopefully, changes nothing, and we can fight for a good position, said Romain Grosjean afterwards.
In the second training session was Kevin Magnussen as low as 16's, but the dane was now quite satisfied. Not least because everything else went better than expected.
I didn't get the best lap with low fuel in the second workout, but Romain showed what the car could. And with a full tank, it was very positive, so it seems to work here, says Magnussen, which hopes at a timing closer to top ten than so far this season.
- Hopefully we will lose the not too much to qualification, when people are driving faster. I'm quite positive about today. It is getting harder Saturday, and it's not going to look like this again, but hopefully we can get a little further ahead and get a race away, says the dane.
Judge from Friday's workout, is there a basis for a good result for Haas in Spain. Photo: Albert Gea/Ritzau Scanpix
team boss Günther Steiner was happy and pleasantly surprised, but stresses that the counting part of the weekend has not yet started.
- After the last difficult weekends we were a little surprised by the move. We need to be quiet, and I keep your feet on the ground. It was the best Friday for us this year, but qualifying is Saturday and the race on Sunday, he says.
- It is of course encouraging, but we need to understand where it comes from. With Romain was there with the same, but we need to understand it a little better and have Kevin there.
- Romain was surprised where we ended up. The car is okay as the other places, but here we just to be more competitive compared to the other.
See also: Lundgaards colorful rivals: wild men and milliardærsønner
See also: Anchor copy-case: F1-teams in open war
- Kevin was not entirely satisfied with how the car behaved, and especially in the two curves on his lap with fresh tyres. One of them worked not at all, and he lost a bit of time there, which compromised the next turn. Some of the tidstabet we can explain, but not all of it.
On the morning he was also behind Romain, so we need to review his data and help him to get on the level.
the Signs are there, however, for a decent weekend of a difficult season.
We have thought that we on tracks such as this that requires a little less power, would be more competitive. We have always been pretty good here, and under vintertest I was cautious optimist, says Steiner.
Sports and Games Debriefing from the Uk: Suspicion against Haas: - Pure nonsense!
Sports and Games Watts swings the knife: - Make it hurt