It is not only in Norway, Ole Gunnar Solskjær creates headlines. 45-year-old takes over one of the world's largest football clubs. The club had gone into a dead end towards the end of Mourinhos reign, and the rest of the club was desperate for a new start, tells the british journalists to the Newspaper.
Mourinhos leadership had destroyed fotballgleden with the red in Manchester, believes fotballjournalist Gabriele Marcotti, who writes for, among others, the Times and ESPN and the leader fotballpodkasten The Game at The Times.
I believe first and foremost that the overwhelming feeling is that people are happy for that ^ the academic degree awarded is gone. I also think that the club's plan to hire a temporary coach, while they take the time to go after a really big name, has also been received very well, " says Marcotti to Dagbladet.Loved by the fans
Solskjær was no longer the obvious candidate he seemed to be after two consecutive seriegull with Molde in 2011 and 2012 and before the Cardiff-fadesen. Nevertheless, he is generally been positively received by the Manchester United supporters. But also the rivals are satisfied with that Solskjær got the job, believes The sun's Martin Lipton.SOLSKJÆR: Sportsjournalist at Dagbladet, Øyvind Godø, have followed both nordmannens trenerkarriere and Manchester United over a long time, and think Solskjær has what it takes to succeed in storklubben. Video: Kristoffer Løkås. Pictures: NTB ScanpixVis more Show more Show more
- If you are a United fan you look very positively on employment, but all other supportergrupper are quite amazed because of his miserable time in Cardiff. I don't think any of the rivals look at Manchester United as some bigger threat now, " says Lipton.
Lipton says to Dagbladet that he was a bit surprised at the hire, despite the fact that he was on the list of managers with a past in the club. He believes that Solskjærs main task is to change the mood and attitudes in the locker room.Hisses at TV 2s Solskjær-decision: - Skivebom
- He must win games and play better football. Whether or not he wins the Champions League, I see no way he gets to keep his job, but he can lay a foundation. He can change the mood, to play at United-show with offensive football and stop all the nonsense that has been going on in the locker room, " says Lipton of the Newspaper.
Marcotti believes the reason for that Solskjær was considered over other candidates for the temporary position, is that he has been a trainer in the United system previously, not just the player.
- Solskjær is naturally loved by the fans, but what tipped the decision in his favor is that he has been there as a coach before and had a role in the club, not only as a player. Although it went not very well as Cardiff manager, I think people understand that Cardiff was a relatively dysfunctional club, continues Marcotti.- Can be fired before easter
Still ended Cardiff-adventure far earlier than what Solskjær wanted and hoped back in 2014. The welsh club finishing last in the Premier League under Solskjærs management, and things looked not much brighter out in the Championship before he was expelled by the eccentric klubbeieren Vincent Tan.Solskjær has the fans in the back: - Everyone loves him
Lipton tells us that the impression from the Cardiff continues to sit well, and with a weak start on the United job will Solskjær feel the pressure immediately.
When he traveled to Cardiff, was it seen as a stepping stone to the Manchester United job. Absolutely no thought it two days ago. Now he has a great opportunity to show himself up again. There is no better place to do it, but if they continue to lose battles, drops down on the lower half, bust early in the FA cup and being humiliated by the PSG, can he get expelled before easter, " says Lipton of the Newspaper.
the Expectations of Solskjær is that he should now put in place a stable management of the club until the end of the season.
- They expect a steady hand to steer the ship, one that does not would decisions. When you know you don't get the job long-term, do you usually not major changes. It's about getting players to believe and be proud of playing for the jersey again, " says Marcotti.
United are on the sixth place. On set and show you have to be realistic about what they can get. The goal is to get top 4 and would have been to go far in the Champions League, but when they pulled the PSG, it is difficult. The Minimum for him is to decrease the luka up to the top 4, and help the club to evaluate the players they have, continues the Italian journalist who has worked with English soccer since the late 90's.Hailed by former teammates: - A genius Nice for the CV-a
He is a korttidsløsning that is employed to change the mood in and around the club. It should be capable of. They needed someone who knew the club, " explains Lipton.
If it should just be there half the year before he turns back to Molde is this no matter a great opportunity for Solskjær to create a name for themselves, which in turn can be appropriate for good jobs in the English top flight.
He need not even end top 4. For him personally this can be a success if he gets the order on the team, not doing something silly and acting with dignity. He's going to have six months where he is working with some of the world's best players before he goes home to Molde. It's going to look good on your CV, " says Marcotti.
- If he does well it will open up many opportunities. Might want Manchester United to keep him as an assistant who is ready to take over in the long term. He can prove that he has learned from Cardiff and that he has become a better manager. This is a great opportunity, thinks Lipton.this is the reason Why Solskjær ambitions Dagbladet Plus