Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook

reads.

Lack of security and preparation : presidential election in Afghanistan will be moved

The presidential election in Afghanistan will be postponed by three months. You should now 20. July 2019 to take place, as the head of the Independent election Commission (IEC), Abdul Badi, Sajad, said in a press conference on Sunday. A spokesman for the IEC, Sabiullah Sadat, named as reasons for the shift in the Winter, lack of security, an "incomplete preparation" of the election Commission, as well as too little time between the parliamentary elections and the presidential election.

According to Sadat, to be held in July, in addition to the presidential election, the provincial Council and district Council elections. In addition, the parliamentary elections in the province of Ghazni to be rescheduled. The election Commission had to take to the chaotic conduct of the parliamentary election in October, a lot of criticism. In many places, election materials were missing or the election staff didn't show up. Thousands of voters had to wait hours to vote. Many left empty-handed in the polling station. Allegations of electoral fraud and corruption. Ten days ago, the final results would have to be fixed - but so far, only preliminary results for 31 of 33 provinces are known.

In a briefing to the UN security Council said the head of the UN Mission in Afghanistan (Unama), Tadamichi Yamamoto, it got in the parliamentary election "considerable and avoidable irregularities". It was clear, "that the electoral institutions must improve before the presidential elections".

US media reports that Washington should have considered for a later implementation. Background Considerations of peace talks with the radical Islamic Taliban to end the 17 years long conflict in Afghanistan, "the Wall Street Journal reported". There is concern that the irregularities and political turmoil around the election could paralyze the peace process.

A member of the leadership Council of the Taliban, said on Sunday the news Agency Reuters, to reject direct peace talks with the Afghan government for the time being. "We will be meeting in January next year with the US representatives in Saudi Arabia."

Currently, the U.S. negotiator, Zalmay Khalilzad, and representatives of the Taliban is seeking the preparation of peace talks. A close Advisor to the Western-backed President Ashraf Ghani said the government will continue to try to make a direct diplomatic connection to the Taliban. "The talks should be in Afghanistan," said the consultant, who wanted to remain anonymous. "It is important that the Taliban recognise this."

More about

Minister of state Annen in an Interview to "withdraw the US troops from Afghanistan would have consequences"

Stephan Haselberger

Nato, according to the government of Ghani has only 55.5 percent of the 407 Afghan districts under control. The Taliban say they controlled 70 percent of the country. (dpa, Reuters)

Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.