A 15-year-old teenage girl from Missouri in the UNITED states have become permanently blind as a result of a mysterious illness that struck her, after a cruise holiday with the family back in July 2017.
It writes the Daily Mail.
the Disease began when the 15-year-old american girl by the name of Jordyn Walker began to suffer from abdominal pain and bloody diarrhea. Doctors diagnosed in the first place teenagepigen with sinusitis, but shortly after she began to lose both its taste and sense of smell.
the Symptoms disappeared then gradually again, but in december of 2018 got the symptoms back.
She reached to suffer from strong abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea and vomiting for ten days, before her face, the 12. december swelled up to almost double the size, and her eyes began to bleed.
- my Whole face was purple and filled with bruises and blood, tells teenagepigen to WDAF according to the Daily Mail.
Jordyn Walker was therefore hasteopereret, where she among other things got rid of the bones around the øjenhulerne in the attempt to reduce the swellings, after which she was hospitalized for four days in the intensive care unit.
There was not a time of my life where I thought I was going to die, " says Jordyn Walker.
(the Article continues below the images)
despite countless consultations with experts, the american family not received an answer on what caused the Jordyn Walker's mysterious symptoms.
- We have been to all kind of specialist doctors - allergy, immunology (medical science dealing with the immune system, red.), rheumatology (medical science dealing with rheumatic diseases, eds.) - all kinds, but have not received any explanation, says the girl's mother, Kendyll, to the KMBC according to the Daily Mail.
- We have been told that the risk was one out of a million, and that it most likely will never happen again, " continues the mother.
16. december got, she conveyed the grim message from the doctors that she will never get his sight again, as the extreme bleeding in her eyes - according to the surgeons - have destroyed her optic nerves.
- There is no one answer. And there is nothing we can do, says the mother and continues:
- She will never get the opportunity to run the car. Or the opportunity to see his sister get married.
the Family has now started a fundraiser on GoFundMe to help the many hospital bills as well as a Facebook page, so people can contact the family, if they have an idea of what may have caused the mysterious illness.
- If someone have the idea of what we can do, or what studies she has to go through to get an answer, then the sort does not happen again to another person, we will be extremely grateful, says teenagepigens mother.
- There is nothing nearby the answers to what may have caused the Jordyns disease, says infektionsekspert and physician Amesh A. Adalja from the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security to Yahoo Lifestyle.
- It is also possible that it is not caused by a single disease, he says, and adds that there is a systemic infectious disease that can spread to the eye like a bacterial or fungal infection, which can cause endoftalmitis, an inflammation of the inside of the eye.
Even if Jordyns story is scary, says Adalja, that you should not be concerned to come out for the same.
- the Norovirus and the flu are the biggest things you must worry about on cruises, not the mysterious disease that makes people blind and lose their flavor, says Amesh A. Adalja.