2020 is a landmark year for the former Nephew-engine and Angora-founder, Simon Kvamm.
Past the monstrous paycheck has been replaced with nothing during coronakrisen, where everything has been cancelled.
- in terms of economic, there is not much else to say, other than I and all my colleagues have been running with zero dollars in revenue and zero dollars in stimulus packages, he says from his new rehearsal room on a residential street on Amager, where the Ekstra Bladet meets him and the boys from the band Viper, before they give a concert on eb.dk Friday evening.
- But it seems not to be the great urge to change from a political point of view, he concludes dry.
the Article continues under the faktaboksen ...
Facts about Viper
: Arni Bergmann, Morten Gorm and Simon Kvamm
: Reminds of a mixture of Massive Attack, Malk de Koijn, Prodigy, Love the Shop and the something Post Malone.
It is, however, far from the isle of Amager, where the rhythmic thoughts freely. Thoughts that one day shall make the banker happy again, if the danes come to eat the Viper raw.
the breeding ground for the Viper is in the opposite end of the country, where hustle and bustle have been replaced with endless nature and the north sea waves.
Klitmøller is the place where the guys Arni Bergmann, Morten Gorm and Simon Kvamm has laid the foundation for what today has been for the Viper.
- It is a band and a producertrio, which was started for fun in a garage in Klitmøller. To while away the long, dark winter evenings and ventilate the inner ennui and the urge to spasse out. Thy has been and is central as an inspiration, because nature is so raw, and the people are so crazy, says Kvamm.
the Article continues under the picture ...
In the course of the winter, it has not been the major scenes, in which the new group has turned its folds. It can further be defined as a young bands adventure.
- It has been important for us and for me to start from the bottom and not take it for granted that we are just wading into the big scenes only on the basis of my name, says Simon Kvamm and elaborates:
- Therefore, we have been careful to play testshows and get some tough skin, among other things, by taking on the diskoteks-tour: In a station wagon on the night we drove around from Skræddergården in Esbjerg to Craisy Daisy in Haderslev and from the Retro Elsinore for the night train in Slagelse to get the kilometres in the legs.
despite the fact that most of the odds have been against the Viper on the spartan venues away from the kernepublikummet, it has been to harden the green band.
- It has been hard, and that is certainly not the same backstageforhold, as I'm used to.
But as with the rest of the world went spilleriet also stand for the Viper, when suddenly stood coronavirus everywhere.
All the cool jobs were stressed from the calendar, and what should have been an exuberant breakthrough summer, was replaced by a gaping void.
the Band sat together on Skype in the end of march and were originally supposed to have talked about the last preparations before the two sold-out concerts just around the corner.
But they came in rather than the infamous news conference on the shutdown.
And while there usually are lively conversations between the three band members, there was now absolutely quiet.
Even the voices in the back of the head had lost the tongue, and for a while sat the three musicians, and stared into the emptiness, while the country was shut down.
One thought, is this a bad movie?!