the Rules for family visits to nursing homes to be interpreted too restrictively, saith the Alzheimerforeningen.
the Association has written to the 14 municipalities and asked them to stop, to refuse, relatives to go for a walk with their loved ones.
- We have a variety of examples from different municipalities where the here illegal management of besøgsrestriktionerne occurred.
- We can be concerned that it is even more widespread than we have heard, says the director of the Alzheimerforeningen Nis Peter Nissen.
It is the fear of the coronavirus, which has led to stricter visiting conditions at the nation's nursing homes.
But a broad political agreement from 1. may should ensure that the elderly will once again be able to visit, while at the same time they are screened for the infection.
Anyway, there are nursing home residents, according to the Alzheimerforeningen is unable to go for a walk with their relatives.
- Our experience is that the relatives have a great deal of understanding, that one must be careful so that infection is not brought into plejehjemmene. It backs the vast majority of up on the.
- But unfortunately, there are many examples that the interpretation of the besøgsrestriktionerne is too rigid in relation to the risk of getting the infection in, " says Nis Peter Nissen.
the Authorities have according to the director established that the residents are allowed to leave their homes.
- the national board of Health has issued a guidance, which states that all citizens, including nursing homes, must leave their homes and return again, says Nis Peter Nissen.
He believes, on the basis that there is an 'illegal detention', when residents are denied access to a stroll with their loved ones.
Alzheimerforeningen has written to the municipalities, as they are responsible for plejecentrene.
In the Local government Denmark (KL) is there's no doubt about the guidelines, and those we follow in the municipalities'.
- there Should be places where one does not live up to the guidelines yet, so of course it is something you must have looked at, it sounds in a written comment from Christian Harsløf, director in KL.
Several municipalities have subsequently directed into, among other things, Fredensborg Municipality.
- We must regret that it has not been possible for the relatives to go for a walk with their nearest at our care centers.
We will now change our guidelines so that walking forward will be possible, and our announcements will be in accordance with public health recommendations, according to the Alzheimerforeningen of a response from the municipality.
the Danish people's Party will have the health minister Magnus Heunicke (S) to restate the rules of the municipalities.
- We must have the minister to send a clear-cut answer to the municipalities, so there is no doubt about what you can and cannot do, says ældreordfører Karina Adsbøl (DF).