- What we see? We see that in this area here, in the service sector, have metoo just gone past. There is example after example of a pill rotten servicesektor.
The dire statement it from the union leader Jørn Eggum in the trade unions. Associated organizes 140 000 members in the private sector, among them many in the serviceyrker on hotels and restaurants. He says he is shaken over a lot of what they tell.
- There are a number of persons, mostly men, but also women, who are in positions and think they can pay what they want, " he says.- awareness
It is a year since Metoo struck us full in the Uk. While in the united STATES was in the film industry that had the greatest impact, was that in politics it struck hardest in this country.
One of those who gave this a face, was Sunniva Andreassen. She stood out with his story about his meetings with the then minister Trond Giske in 2008 and 2009, when she was just 18 years old. In a letter to members of the Labour party sentralstyre disputed Giske several of the warnings against him, but took the criticism for behavior toward Andreassen.
It is guaranteed more prevalent in the hotels and restaurants sector. It is a pity that it has been the most attention on political parties. Metoo has also been criticized for being a bit elitist, perhaps especially in Norway. There has been little focus on kvinnedominerte professions. But it is important to say that it happens in all walks of life, across industries and social status, " says Andreassen.
As the representative of the Metoo-the movement in Norway, she is one of the candidates for this Year's name-award in the Newspaper.
I think it is a very important game. It is a freedom struggle. To be a part of a movement that has led to changes of the systems, I think that's great, " she says.Far left
- Where do we stand today, after years after?Here are the nominees for the "Year-name"
I think that we still have a long way to go before we can say that we are satisfied. Metoo will be relevant as long as the abuses of power exist. But awareness has increased, the mean Andreassen.
She points to the work that is set in the time in a variety of organizations, associations and companies across industries to develop new ethical guidelines and procedures for notification.
It helped to put in place good procedures. With the increased awareness around the topic I think many have gone in themselves, and reflected on how I meet other people, and that if I become witness to an unacceptable situation I'll intervene. That I think is the most important thing, it happens at the individual, " she says.New requirements
One year after the Giske-the case hit the Ap, believes the deputy chairman of Hadia May and stortingspolitiker Anette Trettebergstuen that the party is better positioned against sexual harassment than they were. They show among other things that the party in the wake of the varslingssakene, developed completely new rules for the handling of alerts about the harassment, and increased awareness of alcohol on partiarrangementer.
Now will they get together with the unions to see if they can identify additional measures to put an end to violence and harassment in the workplace. The goal is the good measures that they can promote in the Parliament.
- Ap and the LO, represented by the Common association is keen to find stronger measures against harassment in the workplace. It's about to take the Metoo on. It has opened many people's eyes to the problems with sexual harassment and other harassment. But it's also about that we know very well that it is bad, in several parts of the labour market, especially industries that Jørn organiser.
Very many women, but also men in regular jobs throughout the country and are experiencing harassment. And so, we may not have it, " says Anette Trettebergstuen.
Hadia May point out that it is primarily women who work in the most exposed industries, with temporary contracts and the exposed working conditions.
- the Fight against sexual harassment in the workplace is closely connected with likestillingskampen and arbeiderkamp. Women who are not organized, are especially weak. Then it is to get up organisasjonsgraden also important, she says.
- How big a change Metoo has led to, is probably a little bit bransjeavhengig. The hotels and restaurants sector got might not have the same visibility because maktrelasjonene is stronger here, believe the Ap-politician.Greeted by the naked man Lucia delivered what must be the best Metoo-handling Debate
- Many of the employees here are women, often with utelandsk background, and temporary contracts, says Jørn Eggum.
Fagforeningslederen says many of the stories he gets from those who tidy the rooms on the Norwegian hotel or serving in the bars, is so awkward that he says he almost did not have the desire to reproduce them.
- The last one I got was from a collection with a great company in a hotel at the Airport. Then set the a man clear of the room, he had pulled the chair so that it stood only a few feet from the door, and waited until the room service came to clean. Where he sat sticky and naked with 500 dollars in hand, and said, “now, now, we shall enjoy ourselves."
- This they encounter at work. Where the only thing they are concerned is to make it clean and nice in the room. It is so little worthy. It is incredibly important that you focus on that such is in fact the workplace. It is not a unique case. It happens all the time,he thinks.Responsibility
Helena Bozicevic is the chief union representative at Scandic Helsfyr, and have behind them a long working life in the industry where she has seen mostly.
- When something happens, it must be taken seriously and shown zero tolerance. It is important to communicate that this is a responsibility of the management, also managers have a responsibility to keep up with, and see if this happens. It is not all who dare to say from, " she says.HOTELLANSATT: – It is a responsibility of the management to adhere with, think Helena Bozicevic, who has worked in hotels for many years. Photo: Anita Arntzen Show more
Even she has experienced and been witness to several unpleasant incidents, especially when there are guests who have been denied dining, and roses own the lead handling of this .
We had a company at the christmas party here, where there were some who had brought, so they were bortvist. After a while they came back and demanded more to drink, but it was not. I was verbally abused and called a whore and worse. I gave information to the guard, who took it further with Securitas, and they were removed. The company has subsequently not got the book with us, " says Bozicevic.- Nice christmas party
- Julebordsesongene is the test – how far we've come, " says Sunniva Andreassen, at halfway on the joke. She also has a good experience with their workplace and the leader of the year.New guidelines for metoo. Must have "sober-guards" on Right-face,
- I have even been on the christmas party at your own workplace and put the managers there treat this very nice and respectful. It was uttered on the christmas table then it should be given a bit of practical info, that Metoo, of course, applied in the evening, as all the other nights. One would think that it was not necessary to inform you about, but unfortunately, there are still many jokes metoo away. I was very glad to hear it, said with the greatest facility. It was a nice end to my Metoo-year, and the christmas table was nice and safe for all, characterized by respect and equality, as it should be, " says Andressen as the hope that the threshold to speak up about the unacceptable behavior is lowered.
It has been very high. Many have not dared to speak, because is afraid of retaliation. A leading society forward by putting your foot down and say this is not okay in different contexts. But what I hope, is that one should not get into a situation where one must take the rate and mobilize against maktpersoner. For it is not something cool. The goal is not more varselsaker, but that one should not come out for situations where it is necessary to notify. I have the belief that the cultures and attitudes can be changed, " she says.
We are maybe a little in the initial stage, it is still a bit early to see how lasting change is created, but that Metoo is a watershed, I think that's a fine description.Criticize the government
Trettebergstuen and May are critical to that decision that was adopted as a result of the Metoo has not yet been implemented.
Among other things, we got a parliamentary majority with us to that it is likestillingsnemdene in place for the courts to process the cases of sexual harassment. It is important for lowering the threshold to report about the harassment. But this allows to wait on themselves. The government has not yet got this in place, " says May, who also calls for increased funding to likesttillingsombudet and the strengthening of labour inspection.
According to the equality minister Line Hoffstad Helleland is this on the way.– We sent a draft bill for consultation in July. The hearing is now closed and we are working with to go through høringssvarene. We aim to promote lovproposisjon about the case in the spring of 2019.
Sexual harassment is unacceptable and illegal, and we need to ensure an effective enforcement of these cases. It is important and necessary to establish a free low-threshold services for the treatment of these cases, " she says.the FIGHT is NOT OVER: Anette Trettebergstuen and Hadia Tadjik in Ap, warns together with Fellesforbundets leader Jørn Eggum believe that the fight against harassment is over. Photo: Anita Arntzen Show more