The U.S. military has objected to the information from Damascus that the Syrian army had invaded the Northern Syrian city of Manbij. The US-led coalition have no signs of a military change of leadership in Manbij, said the spokesman of the US Central command, Earl Brown, on Friday in Washington.
A Syrian army spokesman had earlier announced on state television, the Syrian troops were marched into Manbj and have hoisted the Syrian national flag. The Kurdish units in Manbij, which is working with the U.S. troops, had previously asked the Syrian army to help, a threat of a Turkish invasion to be avoided. This followed the announcement by US President Donald Trump that the U.S. withdraw its soldiers from Syria completely.
a U.S. army spokesman called on all sides to respect the "integrity of Manbij and the safety of the residents". "Our Mission has not changed," he added. "We will continue to support our coalition partners, while we make a voluntary and controlled withdrawal of our forces," he told the AFP news Agency. The safety of U.S. troops and the coalition partners will be ensured. (anf/afp)
Created: 28.12.2018, 18:25 PM