US investigators are treating the fatal shooting of a Saudi soldiers on a US military base in Florida, in the meantime, as a terrorist attack. The head of investigations at the Federal police FBI, Rachel Rojas, said on Sunday, you assume that it was a terrorist act.
This assumption is expand the resources available for the investigations. Many questions are still open. Also, the National security adviser of US President Donald Trump, Robert O'brien, expressed the presumption that it was an act of terrorism.
The shooter was killed on Friday on the military base in Pensacola, in the US state of Florida three people and wounded before he was shot dead by forces. He had been shot, according to police information in a training building on the military grounds with a gun to. It was, according to FBI information to a 21-year-old members of the Royal Saudi air force, who was training at the base in Florida.
The U.S. Navy confirmed that an active shooter and another Person were killed. Rescue workers in the vicinity of the naval station in Pensacola. (6. December 2019) image: WEAR-TV/AP/Keystone
The competent authorities published on the weekend, both the name of the shooter and of the three there, killed Sailors. According to U.S. Secretary of defense Mark Esper, the deaths to Americans. The FBI released Protect in addition, a photo of the.
search for motifs
Rojas said they are working intensively, the motives of the offender to uncover and clarify whether he acted alone or part of a network is. This will need time and patience. It is more employees of the military base, as well as friends and classmates of the would be asked to Protect, including Saudis. There have been no arrests in the case, she said.
Rojas also said the weapon used by the offender, to be legally acquired. Various other Inquiries to the circumstances and backgrounds of fact, she was referring to the ongoing investigation but unanswered.
Also Trumps security Advisor, O'brien suspects a terrorist Background of the attack. "For me, this seems to be a terrorist attack," he said on Sunday the U.S. television network CBS. On the question of on what basis he came to that conclusion, he said only, according to what was previously known to the public, see it to Terror. At the same time, O'brien stressed that investigations were still under way, the results are to be seen.
Here it came to the attack: the entrance to The Naval Air Base Station in Pensacola. (Archive image) image: Melissa Nelson/Ap/Keystone
According to Navy figures are regularly trained military members of allied armed forces on the base at Pensacola. The Carrying of weapons was not allowed there but. Esper said on Saturday that he had arranged to review the security arrangements at military bases, as well as the security checks of foreigners who come for military training in the United States.
United States criticized
The Site Intelligence Group, and the Middle East Media Research Institute, which examine the Online Propaganda of the extremists, published, according to several US media excerpts from an anti-American message, which had been posted on a Twitter Account under the name of the alleged shooter.
"I am against Evil, and America as a Whole has turned into a Nation of Evil," wrote the author of an archived version of the Tweets, according to, among other things. Whether it was Protect, in fact, the Twitter account or just an Account under the same name, was not, however, independently confirm. The account had been deactivated on Friday.
Unconfirmed US media were reports that the alleged shooter reportedly close to fact, at a dinner with other people Videos of mass shootings looked to have. The attack in Florida was the second shot attack on a military base within a week. Only on Wednesday a member of the US had killed Marine at the military base Pearl Harbor in Hawaii, two civil employees, and then shot herself. Pearl Harbor is one of the largest bases of the US Navy in the Pacific.
Created: 08.12.2019, 20:41 PM