have been killed by troops During heavy fighting between Syrian government and insurgents in the rebel stronghold of Idlib, according to activists, nearly a hundred fighters. The Syrian Observatory for human rights said on Monday that since Saturday ongoing fighting in the Northern Syrian province, were the most violent since the beginning of the ceasefire at the end of August.
at Least 51 fighters, the government troops, as well as 31 jihadists and 14 other rebels had been killed in the Fighting in the Southeast of the Region, said the Observatory. Accordingly, the fights on Saturday began with an attack by the jihadists Alliance Hajat Tahrir al-sham troops on positions of the government.
The forces of ruler Bashar al-Assad had flown then air attacks. An AFP correspondent reported on Sunday of dark clouds of smoke over the Region of Maaret al-Numan after the air attacks on positions of the rebels. Also on Monday morning the fighting continued, said the Observatory. The opposition-oriented organization, with headquarters in the United Kingdom obtains its information from activists on the ground. For the media, and the details of check hardly.
The province of Idlib and parts of the adjacent provinces of Hama, Aleppo and Latakia are controlled by the jihadist militia Hajat Tahrir al-sham and other Islamist militias. Assad is determined to bring the Region back under his control.
On the mediation of Turkey and Russia was agreed in September 2018 for a ceasefire, but the government in Damascus began in April a new Offensive in Idlib. In the case of air, the Syrian army attacks and the Russian air force were killed in the following months, nearly a thousand civilians and hundreds of thousands more displaced.
at the end of August the Russian army shouted, and finally a unilateral ceasefire. Since then, it was relatively quiet in the Region. But just in the past few weeks, there were, according to the Observatory, increasingly, attacks, in which dozens of civilians were killed. (sda)
Created: 02.12.2019, 15:19 PM