A day after a deadly attack on a Bus carrying Vietnamese tourists in Giza, the Egyptian security forces have killed according to their own statements 40 alleged terrorists.
in raids in Giza, 30 people came, according to the Ministry of the interior killed. The security forces accused "terrorist elements" to plan attacks on state institutions and the tourism industry. The Ministry of the interior was open, however, whether there is a direct connection to the attack on the tourist bus in which four people died.
a Further ten alleged insurgents were killed, a report by the state news Agency Mena that in a shootout in the North of the Sinai Peninsula. There by the security forces against insurgents of the extremist militia Islamic state.
Self-made explosive device on the roadside
In the case of the Explosion of a bomb were killed on Friday according to official figures, three Vietnamese nationals and an Egyptian tour guide. In addition, eleven Vietnam were injured of tourists and the local bus driver.
The Bus was attacked and hit late this afternoon by an explosive device on the roadside. The self-made explosive device had been placed near to a wall in the city district of Haram. It was the first attack on tourists in Egypt since July of 2017, and a new setback for the tourism industry in the North African country.
"No country can guarantee one hundred percent security"
The Egyptian head of government, Mustafa Madbuli came after a visit to the injured at Al-Haram hospital with the Ministers for health and tourism, as well as the media. The Prime Minister called the attack a "regrettable incident".
Raised on the possible adverse effects of the attack on Egypt, especially the important tourism industry, said Madbuli, there is "not a single country in which there are no attacks". Such acts of violence could repeat itself in the future. "No country in the world can guarantee a hundred percent security," said the head of government.
8.2 million visitors in 2017
In the past, had been perpetrated in Egypt, repeated deadly attacks on tourists. The last was killed in July 2017 in the seaside resort of Hurghada is a man with a knife, two German women and a further four people injured. According to information from security circles, it was the offender is one of Islamists.
Due to repeated attacks, security has been increased at all tourist places in Egypt. The arrangements around the pyramids to Giza, however, were repeatedly criticized as insufficient.
The South of Cairo and the nearby pyramids of Giza are the only of the so-called seven wonders of the world that still exists. You are one of Egypt's main tourist attractions.
the Last had recovered the tourism in Egypt. 5.3 million visitors in 2016, 8.2 million visitors in 2017. Thus, Egypt is still far from the almost 15 million tourists in 2010.
Created: 28.12.2018, 22:47 PM