The Maxi Banque Populaire Lazartigue by François Gabart and Tom Laperche. At 6:00 p.m., Banque Populaire still had a little more than 930 nautical miles to cover before reaching Martinique with an average speed of 30.4 knots over the last 24 hours. He is expected in Fort-de-France during the night from Sunday to Monday.
He increased his lead over SVR Lazartigue by around 10 nautical miles compared to midday, the latter posting an average speed of 27 knots over the last 24 hours. Having left Le Havre on October 29, the two Ultim class crews are engaged in the home stretch and are ahead of the Maxi Edmond de Rothschild (Charles Caudrelier/Erwan Israel), victim of helm damage on Friday and which is now behind schedule. of 533 nautical miles on the first.
Sodebo (Thomas Coville/Thomas Rouxel) and Actual (Anthony Marchand/Thierry Chabagny) followed, behind, in 4th and 5th position respectively. In Imoca, it was Teamwork.net (Justine Mettraux/Julien Villon) who led the way, almost 28 nautical miles ahead of Groupe Dubreuil (Sébastien Simon/Iker Martinez). These two boats headed due west while the bulk of the troop continued south off the coast of Madeira.
Freelance.com of Guirec Soudée and Roland Jourdain followed at nearly 160 nautical miles. Charal (Jérémie Beyou-Franck Cammas), still in the lead on Friday, is now only 7th and Paprec-Arkéa has moved from 3rd position to 6th, these two crews having chosen the southern route.
Rankings of the top three in each class Saturday at 6:00 p.m. (5:00 p.m. GMT):
Last (32 m)
1. Maxi Banque Populaire (Armel Le Cléac'h/Sébastien Josse) 931.9 miles from the finish in Fort-de-France (Martinique)
2. SVR-Lazartigue (François Gabart/Tom Laperche) 162.5 miles from the first
3. Maxi Edmond de Rothschild (Charles Caudrelier/Erwan Israel) 533.4 miles from the first
1. Teamwork.net (Justine Mettraux/Julien Villion) 2,600.5 nautical miles from the finish.
2. Groupe Dubreuil (Sébastien Simon/Iker Martinez) 27.2 miles from the first.
3. Freelance.com (Guirec Soudée/Roland Jourdain) 157.5 miles from the first
Ocean Fifty (15 m)
1. Solidarity in the peloton (Thibaut Vauchel-Camus/Quentin Vlamynck) 2,112.8 miles from the finish.
2. Réalités (Fabrice Cahierc/Aymeric Chappelier) 136.2 miles from the first
3. Viabilis Océans (Pierre Quiroga/Ronan Treussart) 159.6 miles from the first
Class 40 (12 m)
1. Amarris (Achille Nebout/Gildas Mahe) 2,709.6 from the finish
2. Café Joyeux (Matthieu Perraut/Kevin Bloch) 51.1 miles from the first
3. Tquila (Alister Richardson/Brian Thompson) 57.2 miles from first