The optimization of conversion rates is the process of enhancing various aspects of a digital marketing strategy, from the landing pages and search ads to the website’s overall design to raise its conversion rate. Strictly speaking, the aim is to secure the highest percentage of users as possible to a web page for conversion to achieve the desired outcome. And the reason why conversion rate optimization or CRO for short is becoming increasingly popular is its potential to elevate sales and profits without necessarily raising the advertising expenditure.
However, because these can all vary depending on the field, trade, or industry, CRO requires a commitment of resources and time, especially in testing different methods. Because of this, it’s worth becoming familiar with its basic foundations and principles to ensure that all potential users that visit the site via a search engine turn into leads and paying customers. Here are a few ways to be successful at conversion rate optimization and some of its benefits to search engine optimization.
Compelling pay-per-click advertisements will help conversion rate optimization
Contrary to popular belief, quality matters a lot more than quality when it comes to achieving higher conversion rates. By choosing to write more compelling PPC ads that are relevant to the search queries and keywords of the target audience, a company will have a greater chance of converting the market to consumers. And this is especially true for users who are late to the sales cycle since they’re likely to turn into customers.
The maintenance of consistently high levels of relevance to ads and landing pages is a must
The website’s landing page must always fulfill the claims or promises of the call-to-action or ad not only to encourage users to be converted. But more importantly, to avoid alienating the intended audience. After all, a business will be taking a risk by simply placing ads and landing pages at random for the sole purpose of improving online visibility. And this approach is far more likely to have the opposite effect and turn off prospective customers from the company instead of becoming drawn to it.
Testing the design is essential to conversion rate optimization
Analytics, reporting, and testing of the landing page’s design is a critical part of a digital marketing strategy. Without it, a company has no way to measure the success of the conversion rate optimization after all. And as a result, getting the right layout, colors, and overall look that will increase the percentage of traffic into the website to make a purchase and turn into a valuable customer or lead will be nigh on impossible.
Bidding on the correct keywords will make a difference
Many organizations are often tempted to start fiddling around with forms, buttons, and other design factors and elements to elevate their sales when they start their CRO. However, it’s essential to remember that the optimization of conversions is all about reeling in the right users to the website to begin with. An increase in traffic might sound good, but if no one converts, then it’s useless. And a business that invests in search marketing and bids on the correct keywords will elevate its qualified traffic. And, in turn, improve its conversions more than it would have otherwise.
Landing page quality matters more than many realize
Each individual landing page of a company can have a considerable impact on its rate of conversion. For example, if prospective customers stumble into a specific page due to a specific search query and the offerings and content have little to no relevance on what they’re looking for, they’ll end up leaving and the company will lose them as potential leads. However, the negative repercussions won’t stop there because it will ultimately result in lowering its quality score and raise both the cost of clicks and actions. It can also reduce the ad rank of the web page and make it much more challenging to win spots in the search engine’s auction process.
It is for this reason that the landing page must be as engaging as it is relevant. However, the question is how to achieve a good page. Here are just a few practices that all businesses should adopt.
- An engaging headline is vital. A striking and compelling headline is important because it will compel users not only to remain on the page but also to fulfill the actions desired.
- Eye-catching ads are a must. Apart from the quality of the content, the ads themselves must be aesthetically pleasing and visually striking to ensure that it stands out and elicits a click from users.
- An attractive design will make a difference. The landing page must remain neat and organized to ensure that it builds both professionalism and trustworthiness to potential customers. It must also remain consistent with the brand to avoid a fragmented experience for users visiting the site.
Advantages of CRO to SEO
While it may not necessarily be directly associated with the attraction of organic traffic or rankings in search engine result pages, there are several ways that the optimization of conversion rate can be beneficial to SEO. Listed below are just a few of them.
- CRO can allow a business to better understand its target audience and figure out how to best reach out to them. It focuses on getting the customers that the company needs instead of merely raising traffic.
- While it’s undoubtedly true that the size of the audience won’t necessarily scale in the same way that a business grows, opting for CRO will let the company develop and grow without putting a strain on its financial resources.
- When it comes to the internet, the website of a business serves as the primary sales-person of the company. And through the optimization of the site, it’s easier to build trust with prospective customers.
Conversion rate optimization is an important aspect of any SEO strategy that no company can be without. And to achieve success in this endeavor, a business must not only understand what and where to optimize. But also for whom it needs to start optimizing its efforts. And through constant data gathering and testing, an organization improves its chances of succeeding in CRO.