1. The proper fuel - The low temperature aren't ideal for diesel engines. The board of Primerent is to use diesel arctic, which contains an additive that is suitable to avoid the danger of freezing. Generally available in the vending machines in the resorts of the mountains and in colder areas, it should not be certainly underestimated in terms of effectiveness.
2. Choice of oil - not To be overlooked is definitely the importance of the oil: on a road trip where the temperatures are cold, get a oil with a viscosity near 0, very fluid, specially studied to resist to low temperatures.
3. The ski - To carry skis and snowboards you can choose between 4 different alternatives of port sci: applicable on the bars, the magnetic coupling, and on the wheel yet for 4x4 vehicles. After choosing the solution most suited to your needs, mount it with care, always following carefully the instructions for assembly.
4. Winter tyres - they make a perfect grip with cold temperatures. Eye symbol: the inscription M+S ('mud and snow', meaning mud and snow) indicates that the tyres have been designed to ensure a control and braking more on the mud and snow compared to summer; this inscription is given on all season on the winter ones. The snowflake inside of a mountain with three peaks, however, indicates that the tires have passed specific test of the minimum performance required on the snow; this symbol is shown only on winter tyres.
5. Check-up pre start - If you are travelling with your car, remember to check several times that the ski rack is secured properly before starting check once the pressure of the tires, and possibly adjust the grip belt to the vehicle load. Finally, don't forget to check that the lights work and that in the tank of the washer there is enough water mixed with liquid detergent or alcohol.
6. How to ride uphill - When the climatic conditions are adverse, be faced with a climb that is snow-covered, it is not pleasant for anyone. In these situations Primerent is recommended to be very cautious in their movements, to maintain the correct safety distance from other vehicles and avoid sudden braking and swerving and sudden, so as to avoid the so-called 'effect tobogganing'. During the climb, climbing gear (first or second), and speed once in a while to give that touch of propulsion to move forward, avoiding the risk of stop.
7. How to ride downhill - Even when you are dealing with a drop-down covered in snow it is necessary to adopt the 'rule ' sweetness'. Remember, also, to avoid hard braking, frequent. Proceed with low gears and have recourse to the use of the engine brake, which in these cases is a great ally to decrease the pace of the medium, if a bend requires you to climb the gear.
8. How to drive on ice - The live ice represents the greatest danger for any driver. On the slabs you must, therefore, proceed at a walking pace and avoid any braking in their correspondence. However, it can also happen, maybe, in case of snow, to feel the presence of stripes and icy when it is already too late; the solution in these cases is to brake before you find it above.
9. Ensure the battery of the car - When you leave it to long at a stop you can, in fact, verify the so-called sulfation of the plates; a degeneration that contributes to the discharging of the battery. To prevent this from happening, start the car with any devices such as stereo, air-conditioner and navigation system switched off: in this way, the charge comes from the alternator while the battery is not exploited in a direct manner. In the process of shutting down, let, instead, the machine turned on even for a bit, but with all the equipment turned off. It is a practice that releases a slight charge to the battery, so as to enable a power-up easier for the next time.
10. Danger ice: how to defend the car - Towels car decongelanti, de-icing and antifreeze are undoubtedly recommended to prevent the freezing when you leave the car parked. In fact, the frost can lead to an increase in the consumption current by on-board instruments, including rear window defroster and headlights. Bring, also, of a scraper-icing for the windshield and lifted the wiper blades when parked, to prevent these from being ruined by the cold and snow.
"The Republic will fight always in defense of the freedom of information, to its readers and to all those who have at heart the principles of democracy and civil coexistence"Carlo Verdelli SUBSCRIBERS TO REPUBLIC © Reproduction reserved Today on Gualtieri: "the presence of The State in the economy should not be taboo. It also serves to improve the functioning of the market" Government, now the Country deserves more in The line of the Highways don't Count. “Review of the concessions is the right of the government,” The company closes in the fort: “We are ready to defend ourselves” “Rates went up much more than inflation”