Almost a year ago beer trainer - and -author Mikko Salmelta , appeared a lot of praise from the received multi-beer world of the classics. Return to the basics and elaborate storytelling hit the beer people's hearts.
Beer!-the book received a good reception inspired by the publisher ordered Salmelta the same way a new piece. Now appeared in the Beer!-in the book (Readme.en 2018) aloud from the strait of view of Finland's best breweries and beers.
a Recent book of his Strait notes briefly that in Finland there are now more breweries than ever, so the need to document the small brewery of the atmosphere and the story was obvious. Also, a new alcohol act came into force, the book one motive was to ask questions of the law's effects firsthand.
– a book in the voice generation Finnish microbrewery. The brewers of the crowd is early twenties pioneers and a couple of years challengers on the same playing field, and I want to tell, Mikko Strait open book.quality problems appear
Small breweries personify are always based on the its, whose backgrounds are varied as well as their opinions and actions are very different.
for the Consumer the situation is two-fold. On the other hand, choice is an unprecedented amount and flavor of the adventures is easy to do alone, domestic beers among them.
But still, only a handful of really hard quality producers, breweries stands out from the mass. In general the quality is very variable, and its Strait dare to say out loud.
the fingers of One hand I can list them for the brewers, who would be in the international top of the comparison. Beer from the makers of the missing self-criticism, and from experience I know that the owners will return their will always blind, they need to be better than they are.
If every fifth or sixth sandwich shops would be mouldy, should be hell to pay and rightly so. This has been the worst situation on the beer shelves. I feel that the 1990's microbrewery boom had not learned anything. Self-monitoring continue to meet in many a brewery.
the smaller the brewery, the bigger and more difficult to manage risks. Bacteria lurk constantly, and keep an eye on them to see. Practical food work in hygiene not afford to slip a millimetre.
If a consumer suspects a beer to be defective, you should take the batch number up and inform the brewery. Any answer would be brewing from the get, although the reason is not always can not figure out.
– Also at the bar from the resulting vague beer advocates to make a complaint, Strait said.Sweden and Estonia passed
Craft beers to say craft beer, and the term itself. Our microbrewery are really very small and the work is done by hand.
Mikko Salmi estimates that the neighbouring countries of Estonia microbreweries release occurs more innovative and more courageous than in Finland. Small Estonia has already emerged in a few international markets aimed at high-end.
– a Significant difference compared to Finland is that Estonia and Sweden want to look outward. We again microbreweries hem sin is the introverted kind, Strait said.
One piece of advice an experienced beer maker is ready to give domestic breweries.
– an External evaluation is always good. You should listen to both experts and ordinary consumers, like-minded comments do not help. In addition to the influences you should look for in a versatile and travel the world.World is changing
the brewery trend has been the same all over the world. If the 1900s was the industry, size and efficiency of the century, it is now going on as a return or a yearning for crafts and authenticity.
the Bartender of the Strait, according to the medium-sized brewery may be the biggest challenge.
– the Big leave you certainly do, money solves and salkkukaupppa yes. The majority of consumers don't care about beer trends and novelties, it's good for the hype in the middle of the other.
but what is the situation after five years? No one knows, but estimates can, of course, present.
– now, If any number want to, I'm guessing that Finland can be commercially successful 50 breweries. By the success of I mean that they should be the owners right around the year of your livelihood.christmas table drinking a beer
christmas under the guaranteed speech topics are the food in addition to the christmas table, choosing the wines, so that's what wine is best suited to begin the food with which girl and so on.
Mikko Salmi believes that wine änkeäminen the christmas table every year to the scourge and just plain snobbish.
– in a Traditional Finnish christmas table in the beer is the best and most diverse food drink.
Wine is christmas in only one location and it is under the tree, in a pretty gift package.2017 Good Thomas
Beer!-the book release was only a few weeks since, when Strait got the news that couldn't wait. He had chosen a Good Thomas prize.
established In 1994, Good Thomas -the institution is a kind of beer-the Finnish Hall of Fame. To date by the prestigious ranks has been increased to only 28 beer ambassadors.
When I heard about the prize, think that year I think it went pretty perfectly, Strait chuckled.