It is two years since Martin Ødegaard first was rented out to Dutch football. English soccer's major framtidshåp did not get playing time for Real Madrid's first team and it was considered that the Spanish tredjenivå was not sufficient for nordmannens development.
After 18 months in Heerenveen switch Ødegaard to Vitesse. He was written off by many, that he had chosen wrong when he went from Worcester. In the Vitesse, it has started to loosen properly for the 20-year-old. From the end of October, he has delivered eight målpoeng in 11 matches.
In an extensive interview with the Dutch newspaper Algemeen dagblad voicing " says Ødegaard that scoring against Heracles 31. October helped him take an important step forward.
the Goal in the cup against Heracles was crucial. It helped me over a threshold. Statistics do not say everything, but it forms the basis for trust. Real is very happy with my development, " says Ødegaard.
At Vitesse counts accomplishments. I have a nice role and often receive the ball. I can attack and make sure that we do measure. So that is what I have to show. The pressure, yes, the pressure is a part of it, continuing the 20-year-old.Accustomed to the attention
Nordmannens lack of end product, both for club and national teams has been a theme of critics. Ødegaard has been forced to live with major stories in the media both in Norway and Spain. Midtbanespilleren says that he's gotten used to the throttle in any way, especially from the media.
I must always live with high expectations. I have learned to deal with it. In Norway, goes all the alarm bells of if I do it poorly. It is always a little bit of attention, " says Ødegaard.
Ødegaard says that it was difficult to cope with all the attention he about got over the night when he took the top division by storm in 2014.
" Everything went fast, in Norway I was no star for a long time, but the media magnifies everything. I was fifteen years old and it was a madhouse every day, " says Ødegaard to AD.nl.
In the interview Ødegaard also asked about his time in Real Madrid. He tells the newspaper that he did not regret the choice to go to Real Madrid and that he went out so early. Ødegaard was criticized by Egil Drillo Olsen for the decision earlier in the autumn.
Then said Ødegaard that he didn't care about the Drillos criticism.
- I shall not say too much about it there. I'm at least happy that I haven't been in Worcester in all these years. It was very important for me to take a step further. I feel my development is good. Now I'm in a nice club where I can take further step, " said Ødegaard to the Newspaper.
As Drillo wrong?
- He can think what he wants. But I feel that I'm taking steps all the time, and I'm in a better club now than for three-four years ago, said Ødegaard in september.Annoyed Ødegaard after poengtap: - It's madness Irritated Ødegaard
Saturday met Ødegaard just gamleklubben Heerenveen in the Dutch league. The Norwegian made a new good game, and seemed to have settled the match in the Vitesses favor right before the end, with a nice scoring from outside the 16-yard dashes.
Reprisene showed that it had been holding in the field on the corner that led to the kontringen, and judge van den Kerkhof pointed resolutely at the ellevemetersmerket having looked at the video images.
Heerenveens Sam Lammers made no mistake from the straffemerket, and thus the score was 2-2 instead of 3-1.
Martin Ødegaard was not a happy man after poengtapet.
- It is madness. Such is football now with WAS. I don't like it. For me, this is not ordnetlig football. It is easy to say for me because it went against us, maybe it'd be different if it were the opposite, but for me, this is not football, " says the Norwegian to the Dutch NOS.
- This is perhaps the most bitter feeling I have had after a fight. It is disappointing, continues Ødegaard.
20-year-old says that he has not seen reprisene of the situation, but that he has been told that some believe it was cheap, while others believe it was punish.
- We scored 3-1, thought the three points were secured, then they get a penalty and score. It is a bad feeling, " says Ødegaard, adding that he believes football will lose the charm with videoassistert judgment.Ajax is lending the Norwegian stortalent to Heerenveen