Lars Seier Christensen and Erik Skjærbæk both have plenty of money, but they do not have the same approach to fodboldinvestering.
It is very clear after Thursday's news conference.
Seier, which is FC Copenhagen's new major shareholder, is good for several billion, but still was the purchase of the shares of 222 million crowns in the Park Sport & Entertainment a striking print of the former Saxo Bank-owner - but it may be that he is not finished yet.
Not that he is interested in buying more shares - but in a football club, there may indeed arise a need for additional investment. For example, in the players, if the club should continue to develop.
- I am always looking for sound business opportunities, and if it requires investment, we must look at it. And since I haven't spent all of my money from Saxo Bank, is certainly an option, " says Lars Seier.
He sees the qualification for the group stage of the Champions League as the rule rather than the exception. And can come to cost, he admits.
- Comes and says that we should buy Ronaldo for one and a half billion, then it becomes a short conversation. But should there be a middle ground, where Stale Solbakken and other people say that it makes sense to buy a slightly more expensive player, because the development potential is large, so I will listen to it, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
PS&E's largest shareholder, the Danish billionaire Erik Skjærbæk, however, can better like to keep a bit of money instead of just buying new players.
- They just need to play better. You do not need to put money into it. Now, I have no sense of it, but if they just played something better, we don't have to put as much money in it, he says.
He welcomes, however, that he managed to persuade his friend to invest in the company when the Employee Dyrtidsfond would like of his / her stock portfolio.
Lars has a whole lot of money that is flowing in, and I would like to help him to get some decent investments, instead of cramming them in something else, he says with a smile, but put saw the face in more serious folds.
- I am extremely pleased to have Lars with. I think it will be good for all of us. Lars is the one that put the incredibly very soul of the thing, he is working with, says Erik Skjærbæk.
Erik Skjærbæk is pleased to have been his friend Lars Seier Christensen on board in the Park, sport & Entertainment. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
Even put Lars Seier does not hide, that a crucial reason he chose to shoot the money in the project, is that it is both interesting economic and for him as an individual.
- I must have all my investments. But it must be business - otherwise it becomes a charity. I see many opportunities for development, and it means something.
- I believe that we have a very exciting position in the market - that we are attractive for young talents, but also has the big clubs attention, because we regularly play european, says Lars Seier.
Lars Seier Christensen has put a lot of money in FC Copenhagen in the past week - and he refuses not to add a little more. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
previously, He has been very active around the Formula 1 both as a sponsor and entrepreneur, and so he has for several years had a great passion for cycling as the main sponsor of Bjarne Riis' cycling team.
Especially around cycling, he was very visible to the big race, but he assures that he mixes himself without the about it sports.
- I have never mixed myself in the application of Bjarne Riis' cycling team. So Stale Solbakken should not fear a phone call from me in the break, says Lars Seier. the
Jan Bech Andersen is the majority shareholder in Brøndby, denmark, Lars Seier is a major shareholder in FC Copenhagen. And so are the good friends and each own one third of Virtu Cycling together with Bjarne Riis.
Just the friendship being by many regarded as funny, as the rivalry between the two clubs is quite intense
But watching Lars Seier Christensen it is not.
- I'm very fond of Jan, and we have a good cooperation around a cykelprojekt. I love his enthusiasm and sincere joy of being out there (in denmark, ed.), and I wish him all the best.
Lars Seier is very happy with his new shirt. He has been a fan of FC copenhagen, since in 1995 he moved back home to Denmark again. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
I think that it is good for the FCK to have good teams to play against, says Lars Seier.
He can actually see that the friendship in the long run can do something good for both clubs. Yes, perhaps for multiple clubs.
- We agree that we want to talk about it, if there is a relationship, where we shared can do something good for English football.
- I do not think that it is bad with a personal relationship. But I can also promise that there will be fierce battle for bragging rights - so it is not because we are not going to be rivals, says Lars Seier.
FC Copenhagen - 7. mar. 2019 - at. 10:49 Lars Seier on big FCK-investment: - It is gone very quickly