the British researcher Jill MacKay spoke to the Edinburgh International Science festival on errors, which we do pet our with.
One of the most common screw up is associated with the according to him, the situation where we want to get a dog barking to an end.
When the dog started yapping, for example, outside or in the stairwell heard the neighbors voices, many will tell it firmly to stop.
- the Dog does not necessarily understand what the situation happens. It can think of their own develop agitation and that the owner has accelerated, so the barking should continue, MacKay said.
- the Dog may think that people outside will bother you, and try to bite block to keep them out.
a denial to be a better solution MacKay offers ignored the submission. MacKayn, it would be better to be quite quiet and without paying the dog any attention, because dogs don't like it.
- Dogs love us and crave our attention, so it is a good way to teach them, that now they misbehave.shouting
it is True that the dog's strict denial can show itself in dogs racing cry from the attendance of the members.
the Dog understand that we are equally upset as he is that's behind the door now, someone said the biology and animal behavioral researcher Katriina Tiira.
instead, The solution to this problem, he has a different opinion MacKayn with.
Depends entirely on the situation, because ignoring can work. More important would be to tell a dog how it should behave, and not just leave the bad behavior to ignore.
the Situation will affect, among other things, is that the dog own turf and is barking, guarding behavior, which is for some breeds very strong.
- If the doorbell barking dog is guarding the breed, not behavior will in any case stay away from.
the Doorbell ringing is anyway a situation where MacKayn winked by ignooraa not likely to work. In that situation the owner's attention is not the dogs so important as the fact that behind the door is someone.Effective way
a more Efficient way to address barking is to teach your dog to positive operant conditioning, using what is wanted.
the Dog may not know how it should behave, if it does not help consumption.
for Example, can be taken on a leash outburst.
- When the dog barks outside the guest dogs, it is often fear and uncertainty, Tern said.
in That situation, denial will not help at all. Mere ignored unlikely to help, because the dog's point of view against a future dog räkyttäminen is the thing that will drive another dog away.
Dogs should be taught an alternative way to cope with the situation.
Dogs are taught positively conditioned by that the guest dog means good reward. Then the dog began to expect it, that when alien dog comes, it gets from the owner of the fee. This works definitely better than just ignoring.Stairs sounds
however, there Is one situation in which the withholding can be a desired silencing effect.
it Is possible that the dog will get used to ordinary stairs, but heard the sound, when the owner is not paying attention and the message was a quiet being, that situation have anything to worry about, and the votes need to pass.
- Generally, dogs get used to the fact that the stairs to hear the sound, you're not a threat and that they do not mean anything. This disregard and self-example may be a way.
If ignored, not in this case, is barking reasons to get acquainted better and to tackle the problem based on them.
Jill MacKay talked about the pets behaviour Edinburgh International Science festival. The subject told the Daily Mail.the Dog did not understand, what use of it I hope, unless it's for an understandable way to tell. UNSPLASH
the Case is the latest publication dated may 2018.