SEEFELD (Dagbladet): A dilemma awaits the world's best herresprintere in the sprint in Seefeld. A long overrun midway in the sprint can make it to a great advantage to be in a position further back in the field at the top of the trail.
Therefore ask both the Norwegian and the foreign athletes themselves whether it is worth pressing for from the start along the way in heatene. John Høsflot Klæbo have in several sprints, including during the OLYMPICS one year ago, used motbakkene to get rid of the competition. It is not certain he can or will do here.
- It is a difficult trail, it is tough, but the mid-range, which determines quite a lot. You can come from pretty far behind in position and still be first in the bottom. It makes the trail here is challenging, " explains Klæbo.TACTICIAN: Ola Vigen Hattestad says to Dagbladet Øyvind Godø that Klæbo and the others get it difficult tactical in Seefeld. Photo: après ski/Dagbladet Show more Warns Klæbo
the Slovene national team manager Ola Vigen Hattestad, former olympic and world champion in the sprint, mean sprintløypa in Seefeld provides John Høsflot Klæbo and co. a great tactical challenge. The face of the Newspaper, he warns now Klæbo to run its usual tactics with the full nail from the start.
- Normally, it is considerably easier to add a tactic, but for the gentlemen in this sprintløypa it is very difficult. I would not recommend Klæbo to run full speed from the start. What is the ideal tactic and to identify the ideal time for you to put into the shot, has rarely been more difficult, at least for the gentlemen, " says Ola Vigen Hattestad to the Newspaper.
Many Arild Monsen believes the position at the top of the hill is going to be crucial and it is crucial how the Norwegian is positioned there.
- It is always important to be well positioned where we want to be on top, " says Monsen.
at the same time he has a hope that it will be run a tough pace from the start of the heatene, something he believes will be beneficial for their men.aprés ski #1: the Newspaper is in place in Seefeld with the TV show "après ski". See the first program now! Presenter: Øyvind Godø. Photographer: Kristoffer Løkås. Editing: Fredrik N. Filtvedt. Show more
We hope that we help and other helps to get some speed. It should cost a little bit to the top and not only been low speed. Perhaps especially in the final, because then it gets very tight drive with the six men almost shoulder to shoulder. Then everything can happen, then it can be great and fall, " says Monsen of the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.
- Is it possible to get a large weed in the first uphill battle?
- Yes, absolutely. But when you are going to be a lot better and have good nerves on that you will be able to blow up the field, for it may well cost a little much and then you can get completely the hammer to the end. It is just that as well is the difficult decision for a part of the very best, " says Monsen.- a Little bingo
In last year's trial world cup, there was no one who wanted to take on the responsibility to be the first in the field over the top. The final, 16 seconds slower on the first half than in the initial heatene. Would it be so also in the day, the race evolve to chaos mean Monsen and Klæbo.
I think it's going to be a tough race, in addition to that, in some heat can be very tactical. It can be a bit of bingo, so one must be very proactive and on the cutting edge, " says Klæbo.
- The more rested people you have at the top, the tougher, more dangerous and more posisjonskamp gets down the run and against the other side of the stadium. Then there will be a wild game, " says Monsen.
In the excursion coming athletes up at a speed of over 60 kilometres an hour, one of the most heated as langrennsløperne meetings in the course of a season. Therefore, the advantage of lying in the back and drop drag be of even greater importance.
the Deuce in the trial world CHAMPIONSHIP, Lucas Chanavat, says that he expects a run similar to what happened a year ago.
I think it will be quite the same as in the test-the world cup last year. I hope so, for it was good for me. I think it will quickly lead, and perhaps quite tough up the first hill. I think many are ready for tomorrow, " says Chanavat.the Run-up changed
It made a great change on the world CHAMPIONSHIP trail. After criticism from athletes as the organizer no other option than to demolish a house in the stadium to be able to expand the run up of 25 metres.
With both OLYMPIC and world CHAMPIONSHIP gold medals is Hattestad one of the best langrennssprintere and together with the Newspaper tested the he world cup-the trail when he visited the world CHAMPIONSHIP program, après ski on Wednesday afternoon.
In conversation with the Newspaper at the finish in Seefeld predict Hattestad chaos on the world cup-the sprint with a disturbance which is extended by 25 metres since the trial world CHAMPIONSHIP.
- Yes, it can be a little chaotic. We saw Gleb Retivykh in try-world cup shoot violently in the excursion against the run. At the same time one can't be too far behind before the final act. To be top three there, is probably crucial there, " says Hattestad to the Newspaper.
It is Klæbo agree. Despite the fact that trønderen has ravaged the Norwegian training in advance of the mesterskapsåpningen also says Klæbo that it is bound to be top-3, or the last four on the run.
The olympic champion from the sprint in Sochi in 2014 and double world champion from the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Liberec in 2009, believes the course fits the aforementioned Retivykh better than compatriot Sergey Ustjugov. He considers Klæbo as the largest gullfavoritten followed by Federico Pellegrino.
But I also have great faith in Sindre Bjørnestad Cut in this course. I think he takes the medal here, " says Hattestad.
The slovenian national team general manager also has faith in the four women he has the responsibility, Katja Withered, Eva Urevc, Celena Cebasek and Anamarija Lampic, all of which are good enough for a world cup-final on a good day.
See and Hear the Hattestads analysis from the finish line in Seefeld in the world cup magasinert après ski here:the SKI world CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM Thursday 21. February
At 12: 00 noon Prologue sprint: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemen Kl 14.00 Finals: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemenFriday 22. February
At 10: 30 Am Jump storbakke: Combined (HS120 in Innsbruck) At 16.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmSaturday 23. February
11: 00 Am 15 mile skibytte: Women At 12: 30 pm 30 miles skibytte: Gentlemen At 14.30 Jump Storbakke: GentlemenSunday 24. February
Kl 09.15 semi-finals lagsprint: cross-country Skiing women and gentlemen At 10: 30 Am Jump lagsprint: Combined At 11: 30 Finals lagsprint: Sprint freestyle cross-country skiing women and gentlemen 13.30 Hrs Lagsprint combined 2 x 7.5 km cross-country skiing At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse jump: InnsbruckTuesday, 26. February
13.30 Hrs 10 km classic: Women 16.00 Qualification jump: Womenon Wednesday the 27th. February
Kl 14.00 15 km classic: Gentlemen At 16.15 Jump: WomenThursday, 28. February
11: 00 Am Jump normalbakke: Combined At 13: 00, Relay cross-country skiing: Women, 4x5 km Kl 15.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmFriday 1. march
Kl 13.15 Relay cross-country skiing, Gentlemen, 4x10 km 16.00 Jumps Gentlemen, normalbakkeSaturday 2. march
11: 00 Am Lagkonkurranse combined: Jump normalbakke At 12.15 30 miles: Women, freestyle At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse combined: cross-country Skiing 4x5 km 16.00 Mixed lagkonkurranse jump: normalbakkeSunday 3. march
At 13: 00, 50 miles: Gentlemen, freestyle
Can you beat your friends, rivals, cross-country skiers, and experts in the Fantaski?
the Newspaper, and Swix launches a new manager games for cross-country skiing. Here you can set up your own team consisting of six girls and six boys in front of each verdenscuprunde. You get points based on how your athletes are performing.
the Game passes the entire season, but you win prizes each and every round.Play here