today is Eirik Horneland (43) finally presented as the Rosenborgs new coach. He comes, as is well known from the trenerjobb in Haugesund, which he led from October 2016.
When Rosenborg should find a new coach, there were many possible candidates that appeared. Foreign coaches as Kasper Hjulmand, Peter Bosz and Morten Wieghorst was among those who were mentioned, while Sarpsborg 08-trainer Geir Bakke refused to work.
When it was known that Eirik Horneland sailed up as the most appropriate candidate to trenerjobben, came your fan club the Core with an open letter, where they warned against making Horneland to the head coach.
"We like the idea of to get Horneland to Rosenborg. We like his thoughts around it to crack down on a lax your training regime. We like his way to set requirements for the players. We like his thoughts on building a solid defensive foundation in a layer" it says, among other things, before the warning comes:
"It's Bjorn Hansen, he reminds us, not the Nils Arne Eggen. He reminds us not about the undisputed eneren on the bench, on the barracks and in the media. He reminds us of the sidekicken. We see he cannot be the unifying factor in the club".
the Core pointed out that it is not always so that you get the first choice, but warned at the same time to go for the second best option.
"But do you go for a solution that does not seem to be good enough for either the players or the audience, then there is talk about building ambitions down instead of up. And it was the ambition we wanted for christmas," it says in the open letter, which was published just before christmas.eggen " s skills and passion from the hospital bed gave Horneland an eye-opener - Surprised
the Chief executive in the Core, Espen Creek, says to Dagbladet that the Core wanted "a hard christmas present" of Rosenborg, but is aware that now that the board has taken its decision to employ Horneland, will the fans stand behind the decision.
Supporterlederen tells that treneransettelsen basically came surprisingly on them, at the same time that they also see the positive aspects of him as a coach.
- We are skeptical whether he will succeed, but is willing to give him an opportunity, " says Viken.
- We know a lot of good things about Horneland, how clearly, and what fin type he is. We are skeptical of the defensive and not ballbesittende football he has had in Haugesund. We are excited, but looking forward to seriestart, " says Viken on.
Viken is clear that the fans should give Horneland a chance to refute them. He chairs the board of directors, which has considered the trainer to be competent to lead Rosenborg.
Supporterlederen is also not disappointed that it didn't come in a large trenernavn at Lerkendal, as it long was a hope.
- No, I can't say that I personally am disappointed, but I know some people are disappointed, for they had high expectations. We fans think with the heart. It is not until we play the football that we see how it is. We have provided an input to the board of directors, and now, the board has hired a new coach, so now we support the team. We should support the coach, " says Viken.
Viken points out that Horneland is a craftsman and that the Kernel wants a skilled technician, one who can create "power and pleasure" at the training ground.- Kåre Ingebrigtsen say no to become the new Haugesund-trainer challenge
So, the question is how competent players will react to get a coach that has not won anything in football.
- It is perhaps the first challenge he gets, to get the players on their team. There are more things than diplomas and medals that count in football. It can be a challenge for any player to take. He has a reputation for being clear, and it is he who is the coach. Then we have an opportunity to get in the goal, " says Viken, who particularly want to subtract what he calls "cheating defensively".
it is Hoped that the Horneland will play an attacking and entertaining football in Trondheim, even though the opposite often was the case under his leadership in Haugesund.
Viken refers to trenerlegenden Nils Arne Eggen, who was willing to attack even if Rosenborg faced the big teams in Europe. Viken believes Horneland don't have any choice when it comes to Rosenborg to be an offensive team.
I'm excited to see how carefully and how ambitious Horneland is, " says Viken.
In the wake of his employment, there was a disagreement that made Rosenborg after the reports had to pay the three million in order to ensure Horneland immediately, after that the coach should have been on notice in Haugesund.
- The board of directors where I finished. I'm a little annoyed that Haugesund ended up with three million, I know that they are not entitled to it, but at the same time is it okay to have a coach in place, " says Viken about the matter.
Eirik Horneland presented as the trainer 14.00 on Ste.Even if RBK won lose Ivar Koteng