the VAL DI FIEMME (Dagbladet): Heidi Weng was number six overall in this year's Tour de Ski. In the current stage of the nine-kilometre freestyle, went to Weng in goals one minute and 58 seconds behind Ingvild Flugstad Østberg who won both today's stage and this year's Tour de Ski.
It was a disappointed Weng who met the reporters after the finish.
It was really heavy. I can't remember that the ground was as hard as it was today. The times I have gone here I have been in the kjempeform, but today there was a battle, " says Weng about the alpine ski resort of Val di Fiemme and continues:
- I was the cane stiff before the ground began, and when I saw it was four miles again, then I had to work with the head. I was working so hard with his head that I think I never worked so hard, I.
It was proper hard. There was no help to get with it the conditions that were rather. I orka as far as to go twists and turns. But I fought me in and got me to the finish, it is a good thing, " she says.Sickest
Weng has struggled in this season. Although she believes that the performance has varied too much. In addition, it has butta a bit contrary, when she feels like she has been on the way towards something. On Saturday's 10 km classic, went the first five miles is very good, before it stopped completely.
- It is the sickest I've been in. I was so thirsty and went proper on a bang, simply. I didn't know if I got to the finish a period of time. But I fought on. I've never felt so complete, said Weng to the Norwegian press in Val di Fiemme after the race.
Sunday's leg was not any easier.Looking towards the world cup
Now hope Weng to look forward to world cup in Seefeld, but says that she is very unsure about the form being good enough. If she must perform in Otepää 19. January, are your thoughts negative.
- I hope that I can do it better than I do now, but I don't know. Time will tell. Right now I'm far behind.
She chooses to call herself an outsider. The results are not where she would like them to be. On the other hand believe skijenta that it is a positive thing, and shows to the other outsiders, who have been seen as a weak short and ended up to perform in important competitions.
- It is an advantage to be in attack mode. Often it has been the one don't expect that makes it good. Like in the OLYMPIC games with Simen and Ragnihild. Outsiders are often the best when they apply and maybe I can exploit it. Right now, I feel that I am the one that is outside to move some things. I just have to try to be better in shape and hope the market turns in the last part of the season, " says Weng and refer to the Simen Hegstad Krüger and Ragnhild haga's performance at the OLYMPICS.
On the question of how she even felt the Tour de Ski has gone, so there is not much positive to take with them.
I feel it has been very up and down. Toblach showed that I can be with and fight at the most. Otepää come way too early after the Tour. If I have to perform there, so I look dark on it. But I don't know, things can turn around, " says Weng.
Weng would like to be with and go the distance in the world cup.
- I hope to get to go a distance, but is it that I must perform in Otepää, so struggle I, " says Weng.Dopskandalen: They care not really about Heidi and her friends Poor self-esteem
the Girl from Ytre Enebakk is open about the great mental test she has been exposed for the last few days. Both the conditions and the launders have been heavy for the body, and the performance in the first part of the season has varied from large, larger than she would like. Despite the downturn, it's something that has come positive out of it.
Suddenly I feel good, so I feel really bad. Today I was stick stiff, and I feel that I do not get to go so fast. It is big payday. I know though that I did not do a bad run out from the results, but I have to fight more than normal. The worst thing is that I have to work extra to get his head in place.
On questions about the mental is a cause of the slightly weaker results, avfeier skiløperen this.
- If no head had been in place today, so I had enough stopped. The head is stronger. I shall take with me that I managed to finish, although I think it went really bad. The results are the exact opposite than the mind, and that I must take with me. Even if the feeling isn't quite there, so it goes well anyway, " says Weng.- the Expected "Ex-father" plan to help Heidi Weng back
the Girls ' langrennstrener, Ole Morten Iversen, strongly believe that Weng soon is in the shape she will be in. After having been told about skiløperens dark thoughts about his performance, he says this:
- there Are very many other Norwegian girls who are better than her then? She must have seen a different list than us, Iversen says to Dagbladet.
Iversen believes that Weng is where she should be, but had hoped that perhaps she had gone a couple of races where she was successful one hundred per cent, for the feel good factor his part.
- We have added a foundation and a plan behind this. The plan was to be very careful in the summer and in the fall, and we had no ambition to be in good shape before christmas. The Tour de Ski was to be used to get a lift, so that she comes back in the new year as a better skier. For me, she is where I have expected. Only thing I miss is one or two races that would be close to what she is good for.
yesterday she was quite close. Walked a good 5 miles, but then she goes blank. There is a little rod out, she is unfortunate, Iversen says, and continues:
today, she goes a very good race with terrible stiff legs. Thus it to perform as good as she does when she's even think it is so bad, then it is a lot to go on. That is what we hope to find up to world cup. I think she has gotten good response on itself. Nevertheless, I understand that she misses the real feel good factor, but it will come, I'm sure, " concludes Iversen.Jacobsen asks Weng work in health care: - Heidi's going to be a fantastic mom