It is far from certain that the TV2 documentary on care for the elderly in Aarhus are ever sent.
It is Tuesday afternoon with the surprising announcement from ældrerådmand Jette Skive (DF), which is otherwise earlier in the day announced that she will now remove the fogedforbuddet.
But in an interview with Ekstra Bladet wounds she now doubt, whether it is at all have the time on earth to drop the ban.
- I don't know if it can be dropped. I am not a lawyer.
" that is Why I have to ask the Attorney general (state's attorney, eds.), if I can drop it. If I can, so I do it.
- But why have you not done it for a long time ago? You do have a large majority in the city council in the back?
- That it was illegal. We got a lawyer to assess whether it was legal or illegal, " she says, and adds:
- I am not as responsible a politician for a public authority and doing illegal activities.
the Case of fogedforbuddet against the TV2 documentary is far from settled. Councilman Jette Skive (DF) cannot legally decide that the prohibition no longer applies. Photo: Ernst van Norde
Community - 14. christmas. 2020 - pm. 11:35 Abandoning the action against the TV2
- So we can't be sure about it here is the documentary going to be shown?
- Unfortunately, no. Now begins the mayor to say, that it is my responsibility. No, it is not my responsibility.
- Now I am sending it to the Attorney to find out what is up and down.
- If it can be done legally, so I'm the first one to pull it back, says Jette Skive.
If the Attorney general however says that it is illegal, will be honest just drop the ban if the city council backs her up in that documentary is to be shown.
- the Social democrats and the Left in the Aarhus city Council has together with me from day one asked for this to be shown.
- But I had a handlepligt, so now I say, that if I have to break the law, so I will have the city council behind me. So we have a shared responsibility.
Community - 14. christmas. 2020 - pm. 12:49 TV2-boss about the councilman: Strange messages
Earlier today, the city's socialist mayor, Jacob Bundsgaard, states that there are up to Jette Skive to get fogedforbuddet removed. Therefore, he considers not, that the matter must first be up in the city council - as DF-be honest otherwise put up to.
But Jette Slice does not provide much for the mayor's announcement.
- Now he must just stop. He slides by on the here.
- He will not take responsibility. He sticks his head in the sand and playing ostrich. He has a whole byrådsgruppe, that says that I need to pull it back here, and that they would like to see it if it is legal. But it is not.
Councilman dropping the protective order
Here is the full message from the ældrerådmanden:
'I have said all the time that I would like to the footage was shown. It is important that our care of the elderly get more staff and particularly the efforts of the people to be strengthened. The optimisation is the lifeblood for me, and for the Danish people's Party'.
'I can see that both the mayor of Aarhus and the prime minister has suddenly woken up and now will have both more hands and heads on the optimisation. They have not shown a willingness to in years. That illegal recordings to, before it happens, is just as tragic, as the pictures show'.
On the question of what, there have been honest to not proceed with the case, she replies:
'the district Court and the high Court has clearly ruled that the recordings are so offensive, both to the citizen and the employees that they are illegal to display. If I, as a politician did not follow the law, then it is slippery slope.'
'at the same time my conviction that the recordings should be displayed, shared by politicians from both wings, and nationally as well as locally, even though it is illegal. It is also quite obvious to me that the citizens insist on getting the situation out into the light'.
'for The same reason, I would encourage the politicians to make the law as soon as possible. It is not fair to neither the media, the citizens or the employees of the public that there is this ambiguity about what you can and cannot do'.
be Honest now set for the city council that the Municipality of Aarhus does not go further in the process to make fogedforbuddet permanently.
'Byrådspolitikerne in Aarhus has given expression to the right which I'd like to see the footage, but under the condition that we are not doing anything illegal. I can not guarantee, so therefore, I call their support, so I do not then faced with the responsibility for having broken the law'.
'From the first day I was aware of the content of the recordings in February, I have traded. It has been fired. The management has been replaced. There are added more nurses on the ground, and then there commenced a great work with the correct culture. But as long as the conditions do not improve in elderly care in Denmark, so we will see it here again at other nursing homes in Denmark'.
'We have so many great employees in the elderly care sector, but forråelsen lies below the surface, and it is nourished by the bustle and impotence. For the same reason, I am incredibly happy that we now finally have discussed the optimisation and get more resources into the area - and not least the response for people with dementia, who don't even have the language to say to and from'.
'When fogedforbuddet cease means hopefully also, that we no longer have to spend time discussing the law and journalistic methods. It has unfortunately overshadowed the important debate on the priorities of older people, as there is momentum right now. On the prime minister and the city's mayor just has it all in the mouth, the time will then show. In the Danish people's Party, we will certainly chase them if they try to run from responsibility'.
be Honest at the same time will withdraw the criminal complaint of the TV2 back.
'We apparently have a big gap in the legislation, and it should TV2 not be punished for'.
Jette Skive has asked the mayor to convene an extraordinary council meeting as soon as possible.
Source: press Release from Aarhus MunicipalityShow more Close