BOSTON. It seems, unfortunately, to the Toronto Maple Leafs mired in a slump just in time for William Nylanders return.
In the night they went on a 6-3 snyting in Boston – after goal of, among others, the Swedish rookie Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson.
– Very funny, you want to help the team to win matches, says ”JFK” to Sportbladet.
Himself saw William Nylander sharper in his second match since he at the last moment came to an agreement with the Maple Leafs on a contract extension last weekend.
He had great clips of the skating and the longer the duel against the Bruins in the TD Garden went, the better was also the timing of the responses.
But the team has lost some of its sting, looked more sluggish than usual, brought upon themselves a plethora of stupid penalties and went fairly well deserved on a 6-3-whack.1 of 2 | Photo: Bob DeChiara / TTJakob Forsbacka-Karlsson hit his Boston
– Sometimes to get their lunch served and this was one such time, " sighs the coach Mike Babcock.
– I am disappointed, I thought we would come in and make a really good match.
Instead it was the Bruins who, all their injuries, despite accounting for a first class performance. They behaved aggressively and pardonlöst and was effective in both terminations in accordance with the premises to slow down their opponents.
– Yes, considering what we lack was a strong effort. I think we started playing really good in the second half of the last match, against Tampa, and tonight only, we continued, " says Joakim Nordström when we meet him afterwards.”Worked for it for a long time”
One of the many successful home game players was blågule rookie Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson. He launched the målkavalkad that eventually sent Frederik Andersen to the stall by in the middle of the first period to get into the NHL-his third goal practically from behind the extended goal line.
– David Pastrnak found me with a pass and, yes, I managed to bank in the via Andersen's back, " smiles the 22-year-old stockholmian.
– Very funny, of course, you want to help the team win by doing the objectives.
”JFK”, as Jacob of course, is called in the united states, has played a total of eleven matches this season and are beginning to feel that he really has the hands of a regular shirt in the venerable organization now.
– Absolutely, that is why I am here. I want to be in the NHL. And it feels funny that I come here now. I have worked for a long time, " he says.
Andreas Johnsson was a guest better player and was, for the second match in a row, for both targets and assist.