Piteå IF dam won the club's first SM-gold in the damallsvenskan this season. The team was also successful in the stands with a publiksnitt in 1999, the spectators at their home games – the best in the whole damallsvenskan.
had a fairly high publiksnitt. My personal assessment is that we are the only real they in the team sport industry. When we went up in the damallsvenskan for the first time in 2009, I think the resort hungered for an elite team. The residents have taken the team to their hearts, " says Anders Eriksson, chairman of the sportkommittén and the gothenburg racketlon media officer.
" In Malmö is malmö ff and Malmö, the malmö redhawks, in Linköping there are also hockey. In Piteå, there is only we. I think the small town with the proximity to the players is one of the reasons why the audience support.
the Team is described often in the local newspaper, every week regardless of the month, says Eriksson. In the northern region have also Sunnanå SK and, in particular, Umeå IK has been very successful in football. The two teams now eliminated from the damallsvenskan, something that may have favored the Piteå IF and publiksiffran.
We have a bunch of retirees who don't miss a single workout throughout the year
Anders Eriksson says that the municipality invests a lot in the team and provides support, which also contributes to a high publiksiffra.
– We have a bunch of retirees who don't miss a single workout throughout the year, which is fascinating. There will be some form of the entire municipal law, even when it's gone a little heavier. We have always been in the top three in the publikligan, despite the fact that we become seven or eight in the series.
Publiksnittet are raised also as to Piteå IF invite youth teams from, among others, Boden and Skellefteå, which may come and see the matches. Now a new season for the door.
" We shall ensure that we continue to battle high up in the series. We will make an annex before the start of the season as in previous years. We do some different things, and the theme in some matches, we believe that we will have a good crowd this year as well, " says Anders Eriksson.
we find the Boden Handboll IF:s the ladies. According to handbollsstats.see, the team has a publiksnitt 826 people at their home games. The figure is second in the publikligan in SHE this season. This is despite the fact that the team at the time of writing is last in the table and are in danger to go out.
Jan Thorsson is the club manager and he is on the same track as Anders Eriksson of sweden. Publiksiffran can increase when only an elite team are in the city.
– There is a huge handbollsintresse and a hunger to see elithandboll in the Shed. The interest for women's sports has increased greatly, we have Piteå IF, Lulea basketball and hockey. That they hit a bit of a disadvantage in relation from the guys and then you think it is fun that it goes well, " says Jan Thorsson.
the Team made their first season in the SHE 2016-2017 but Thorsson says that the audiences were large even before they went up.
" Handball has always been strong in the Shed. Last season we had eleven losses in a row, still average we have over 800 in publiksnitt, there is a genuine interest. We are fortunate and people want to see it live. It is quite convenient to crawl into a sports stadium in the winter and watch.
with social media to attract audiences. In addition to the advertised it a lot in local and on the website. It has also become a press of the stands from the supporters.
" We get a lot of tips and advice but we have run on what we believed in and it has worked. We shall continue to deliver good handball and we are working to keep us and bid on good handball.
He sees a connection between several norrlandsklubbar in women's sports has a high publiksnitt.
" When we communicate between each other, we see how the publiksnittet rises and what the sponsors intended, it is an overall picture of how interest for the ensure has increased.Lulea BBK's home games are always in full support in the stands. Photo: Patrick Trägårdh/Swedish Aftonbladet/TT
(Lulea BBK) tops by far publikligan in the SBL dam and has almost as high publiksnitt as the men's team BC Luleå. The ladies canapés 1.520 per match according to basketligandam.see, the gentlemen canapés 1.805 this season. It is so evenly between the two clubs engaged in the same sport in the same city is unique, says Christer Sehlin, club manager in Lulea BBK.
– the Only time elite clubs for ladies tend to have a larger incision than men is if the ladies are playing in the top league and the men in division three. But in Luleå, sweden, we are approximately at the same levels, " he says.
the Season 2014-2015 was Lulea BBK or Northland Basketball association was then called up publiksnitt in the entire basketball-Sweden.
– It is incredible really, what I do know is it's pretty unique, " says Sehlin.
Christer Sehlin tells us that basketintresset in her region of luleå been around for a long time.
also has nyrenoverats which made to Lulea BBK almost doubled the publiksnittet 2013-2014. The five straight Swedish CHAMPIONSHIPS titles also attracts spectators.
In connection with the matches are often arranged events, which raises the publiksnittet.
" We try to create events that are interesting. We are competing not really just with the men and the hockey game. It is also about floorball, the theatre or cinema. We have gratismatcher, kids day, halloween, and work with sustainability in order to create something more than just a basketball game.
the Reason for the large the audience support is based on several different aspects mean Sehlin.
– We have a large and loyal audience that we've created an atmosphere and have a good feeling when they think of Lulea Basketball. We try to make the public benefits organization and has a responsibility because we are such strong role models for young people in the region.
the Club has also created a heel.
– It is quite unusual in basketball-Sweden with a heel, it is not the same supporterkultur as in football or hockey. Many of the heel are exchange students and many of them are swedes. We have created a community and we have really fun at the matches, it has also become a bit of a southern atmosphere, which also contributes.
" It's fascinating to football, hockey and basketball have become English champion in a very small region. You have taken the law into their hearts, there is true joy and the euphoria of it all.
Read also: Luleå hockeydamer against the new gold – with rare support from their environment