"Three patients have died in a fire in a psychiatric hospital in Plovdiv in Bulgaria, according to local authorities. According to the hospital's general manager occurred, the fire around midnight, during the night of Thursday."
"– the Fire started in the victims 'rooms, perhaps from a cigarette or any other flammable material, but for the moment it is unclear if what happened was an accident or done with intent," says a regional prosecutor."
"According to the prosecutor has the initial investigation ruled that the fire started due to a fault with the electricity."
"the rest of The 60 patients in the hospital could be evacuated."
"Underfunding and inadequate staffing at many of the country's psychiatric hospitals and clinics has been criticised by both local and international observers through the years. Thursday's fire belongs to, however, unusual."