NANCY (Dagbladet): the Norwegian EM-hope hangs in a syltynn thread before the national team going out in a maratondøgn with the match against the Netherlands tonight and Spain tomorrow afternoon.
And the players are excited about what awaits them.
" It will be a very different day for us. We would like to have a rest day between, but we collect the profit after the holidays. We are going to stand in it and do everything to win both, " says landslagskaptein Stine Bredal Oftedal of the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.
- Is it okay with two fights in less than one day?She has played the most of all in the european CHAMPIONSHIP squad Dagbladet Plus
- I don't know ... It's something I've never been on before. We have played tight matches in the Final Four (the Champions League), but then it has been a few hours more than now, " says Oftedal about kraftanstrengelsen waiting.
the Radio commentators Kenneth Gabrielsen and Patrick Rowlands slaughtered EM setup in an interview with Dagbladet recently. They called it "disgraceful" and "ruthless exploitation of the players" with two fights in one day.
Kvinnelandslagets physical therapist Janne Oppheim Søllesvik agree that the situation with two close matches is not beneficial for anyone.
- There may be questions about why the fixture is set up like that, with the thought of the strain on the players. It must be those who govern idrettspolitikken take care of. It goes without saying that to play the match late in the evening, and the new battle subsequent afternoon, whatsoever is not optimal, " says Søllesvik to the Newspaper.
- do you Do something different?
- We are extra careful on the recovery and it is extremely important with enough food and nourishment for the battle. We'll be extra careful. The regime must be followed a hundred percent. It is not ideal to play so close, but we have well-trained players, " says landslagets physiotherapist.- It is the ruthless exploitation of the players Thorir: - Well trained
the Coach Thorir Hergeirsson told the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet that he has focus on the sporting up against skjebnekampene against the Netherlands and Spain.
- Is it viable to play matches so close in a championship, Hergeirsson?
- There must be other answer. The fixtures, we can discuss another time, says Hergeirsson to the Newspaper.
- We just need to realize that this is the situation we are in now. That we as a team tackle as good as possible. The players are well coached, and the team has good routines after the match. We have a good apparatus around and will work well in the hours we get, says the national coach.May return home from the european CHAMPIONSHIP without a crown
- What do you expect of the Netherlands?
Preparation is important and we know the opponents well. The netherlands comes with much of the same as before. There is a tempo team, " says islendingen.
Little time between the matches also means that it must be done extra with the preparations. It applies in any case for strekspiller Kari Brattset.
" We may have to prepare ourselves for game 2, before we play battle 1. It makes we really never. It is a few hours between, and the time we use to rest and recovery, says Brattset to the Newspaper.
Norway has by the way not lost in their 16 last matches against the Dutch. The previous loss came in the 1999 world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Norway.Thousands of norwegians travel to see the european CHAMPIONSHIP final - without Norway Many opportunities
Håndballjentene must turn in both the Netherlands and Spain (in the morning) to have any hopes of semi-final. Also other results have to go the Norwegian way to succeed.
There are several possibilities for Norway to get a ticket to the semi-finals, but common to all of the possibilities is that the team needs a good dose of luck. The easiest way explained the possibility is likely that Romania loses its last two (against Spain and Hungary), and that the Netherlands beats Germany tomorrow night. At the same time Norway must win both of their matches. Then go the Netherlands and Norway to the semi.Skrekkskaden affects ever-younger girls,
Before the matches on Tuesday and Wednesday, there is a possibility that all five teams - all in the group minus Spain - can end up on six points.
Is the Uk number three in its hovedrunde group, waiting for the battle for fifth in Paris on Friday. The two best go to the semi-finals.
the Position in the pulja right now: the Netherlands 6p, Romania 4p, Germany 4p, Hungary 4p, Norway 2p, Spain 0p.EHF explains the
In an e-mail to Dagbladet tells The european handball federation (EHF) why the fixture is that it is:
the Format of the european CHAMPIONSHIP requires that all the final battles in the hovedrunden be played on the same day. The battles that probably determines semifinaleplassene played late in the evening. This creates a highlight for fans and tv. EHFs "policy" is that there must be at least 18 hours between the matches. Since Norway was three in the group stages (before hovedrunden) are required to play the first match of the final round in hovedrunden, says ms. JJ Rowlands to the Newspaper.These athletes are nominated to the People's idrettspris 2018