TJØRRING (Ekstra Bladet): René Toft Hansen has basically been away since the last finals, for soon a year ago. First with serious problems in one groin – then, with an equally challenged neighbor in the right side.
But he is reported as combative and ready to chase the WORLD championship gold, the team still lacks in a collection that counts as two lost finals in 2011 and 2013.
- I have trained fully with the last five-six weeks in Veszprem, so I feel, actually, that it is very good now, says forsvarskrumtappen, who switched from THW Kiel to the Hungarian team in the summer just to get the breaks – and save bustid on the German Autobahn.
- I started quietly, and the last month or so I could give it full gas, so it is just pissefedt to be back again. There is nothing more røvsygt than to be out on the sidelines and do exercises while the other trainer, says René Toft Hansen.
Ka' you get away! René Toft Hansen during Friday's training in a duel with Mads Mensah. Henrik Møllgaard keep themselves ready in the background, and the man who earlier held in strejkernes Paris, keep absolutely obvious with the green vests... Photo: Claus Bonnerup
He has, however, only played matches in the not-so-impressive Hungarian league and not been used european, but the shape is nice and quiet on the road, feel sallingboen, that also is well and thoroughly handball-hungry.
- I am me especially because the WORLD cup is on home soil. It will be pissefedt to stand and sing the anthem together with our own fans. I have been looking forward to this WORLD cup for several years, says the former Kiel-gast, which also for the first time in years has tried to keep the holiday in the eight days leading up to christmas.
We played the last match in Hungary 16. december, and then one can sit at home in Salling and see Kiel and Rhein-Neckar to play the third day of christmas. It is pure luxury.
Sad you looked and thought: Well, it is not me?
- No, I did not actually. Just THE battles were cool to play. Some of what I miss in Kiel, is fighting with the wild spectators in a packed hall. But exactly the kind of battle between christmas and the new year... It is not the one you miss the most.
- I am glad I have had the opportunity to relax with the family at christmas. The last time I was home was in June, so it was good to come home to the farm and see one's parents and the rest of the family again. My wife's family live just over on the other side of the Limfjord in Farsø, so we have also enjoyed ourselves with.
How many gallons of gravy did you consumed this year?
I kept a little again. But there is always plenty!
René Toft Hansen has trained for five to six weeks, but the 34-year-old kleppert has not played big matches for Veszprem. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
See also: Constant baby alert: Mikkel is the father-in ready