Langrennslegenden Ole Ellefsæter (79) comes with a startling theory about the so-called Klæbo-klyvet.
When John Høsflot Klæbo leg up the slopes in the classic sprint for the first time, running on the toes with high kneløft and bakspark blocked langrennsverden eyes up.
Ellefsæter made himself immortal in the slot when he won the gold medal at the femmila in the OLYMPIC games in Grenoble for just over 50 years ago.OWN THEORY: Langrennslegende Ole Ellefsæter has its own theory about the effect of Klæbo-klyvet. Photo: Lars Eivind Bones / Dagbladet Show more - Out of the static
He has the following to say about the novelty of John Høsflot Klæbo:
- I mean it's not necessarily because he increases the pace in oppoverbakkene with its distinctive løperstil. I think the biggest impact Klæbo get out of the so-called klyvet is that he gets fixed up in the muscles and out of the static, " says Ole Ellefsæter.
15. February fills the langrennslegenden 80 years.
He follows langrennssporten carefully, and believes he has athletically weight for his theory.FIXES: John Høsflot Klæbo use just about any oppoverbakker to its distinctive løpestil. Photo: Bjørn Langsem Show more
- I draw experience from my own career on the athletics track. Where did I up in the muscles in a similar way, he explains.
Besides having been one of Norway's best cross-country skiers through the ages, and supplied the Ole Ellefsæter with six NM of gold in a row in the 3000 metres steeplechase in the summer.Revolution
the OLYMPIC hero believes that Klæbo has initiated a revolution in the traditional classical style by freeing up the muscles in this way.
Klæbo has previously told that it was on home soil in Granåsen in Trondheim that the distinctive technique was born. During a testøkt where he had slippery skis, he chose to test out the new technique, and he found out that it went faster than the traditional way to go on.
- It (the running) works better for me than diagonalgang. So get others to find out what works for them. It works for me I'll use the time and energy to get better at, Klæbo said about the technique to NRK.
Thomas Losnegård is an associate professor at the Norwegian school of sport sciences with a doctorate in cross-country skiing.
He shares a lot of perception to Ellefsæter.ADVERSITY: John Høsflot Klæbo has won almost everything he has lined up on the side he struck through the international. This season, however, has gone far heavier for trøndere. Dagbladet sportskommentator Esten O. Sæther, nevertheless, believe Klæbo can stand on the top of the podium during several exercises during the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Seefeld in February. Video: Kristoffer Løkås. Show more
The way Høsflot Klæbo these steep slopes provide a large variation, compared with, for example, diagonalgang in slakere terrain. That he uses different parts of muscles. At the same time he saves on other parts, " explains Thomas Losnegård to the Newspaper.
But, he says, on the other hand, that there is hardly as many of the established runners in the international elite who are going to copy Klæbo-klyvet.
- I think a lot of the style is established at a young age. Here is a creative play on the ski central. Furthermore, children, unlike adults are not concerned what are the "rules" within the technique. They are thus able to create other movement patterns in skiing, tells Losnegård.Innovative
He believes that it is in this phase the technique is forming for an upcoming eliteløper.
- John Høsflot Klæbo have been particularly innovative. There, we also see in the way he paddle in freestyle. There are very few who are able to keep that pace he can put up over short stretches. There is also the technique of his that allows him to win prologene with three-four seconds. It corresponds to the minutes on a femmil, to put it in perspective, says førsteamanuensen.
Losnegård alerts big changes in a few years.CHILDREN: John Høflot Klæbo has also developed padlingen to something special. Photo: Hans Arne Vedlog Show more
- I think it will happen a lot when young runners are now going up after each. Langrennstrening has been conservative for the young skaters in previous years. Here, it has opened up. So that the kids can follow their own curiosity around it with technique, " says Thomas Losnegård.
He says that all rulleskiløypene built in the last few years is going to change the whole sport.
Can you beat your friends, rivals, cross-country skiers, and experts in the Fantaski?
the Newspaper, and Swix launches a new manager games for cross-country skiing. Here you can set up your own team consisting of six girls and six boys in front of each verdenscuprunde. You get points based on how your athletes are performing.
the Game passes the entire season, but you win prizes each and every round.Play here to Think outside the box
- It is not like going on roller skis along the way. In a rulleskiløype is required in a greater degree the characteristics of high speed, turns and hilly terrain. This is the young skaters to take with them into the langrennssporten in the future, " says Losnegård.
He assumes that John Høsflot Klæbo have been given the opportunity to think outside the box at a young age.
Klæbo has ushered in change in langrennssporten. As a Jan Bokløv in the ski jump, Fosbory in height, Bill Koch with skøytingen in langrennssporten. They revolutionized their branches in different ways. Klæbo has not revolutionized in the same degree. But innovativiteten his has contributed with innovations. Definitely, says Losnegård.- We may want to try to crack his stake. It is the only way.