sri Lankan health authorities have trimmed the death toll from a terrorist attack with over 100.
It is due to a calculation error, writes the BBC.
The new death toll is about 253'.
According to the director general of the Sri Lankan health authorities, Anil Jasinghe, it is yet unknown how many people exactly are talking about.
- It could be 250 or 260. I can't say exactly. There are too many body parts, for that it is possible to give an exact number.
Until now, the message has been that 359 people have lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks.
A large number of persons have been arrested under the suspicion of having played a role during the attacks, as eight men and a woman believed to have carried out as suicide bombers.
Deputy secretary of defense Ruwan Wijewardene says that the erroneous counting is based on inaccurate information, as the ministry has received from the chapels.
- Unfortunately, the Health ministry has informed us about the earlier figures, he says.
The severe damage that the slew has been in the attacks, have made it difficult to specify the exact death toll.
All the autopsies of those killed is on Thursday night finished. It is a combination of obduktionerne and dna studies that have led to the death toll downwards.
It confirms the ministry of Health in a press release, according to AFP news agency.
the Sri Lankan defence minister, Hemasiri Fernando, earlier on Thursday said its position up in the aftermath of the bloody attacks in the country.
He took while in charge of, that there have been errors in the bodies, which he has been responsible for as minister of defense.
There are even some danes residing in the country. The ministry of foreign affairs in Denmark has urged them to keep away from the worship of the fear of new attacks.
All unnecessary travel to the south asian country are also discouraged.