ALPE CERMIS (Dagbladet): The youngest, male Tour de Ski winner named John Høsflot Klæbo.
the Lead he gained on the frantic fellesstarten Saturday was just enough to keep away for a jagende Sergey Ustjugov.
For my part, it was just to try to keep the focus on to go and try to get up the hill. I think everyone talked about that it was flatter over the top, but I never saw any flat surface, so it was really stop, " says Klæbo after the race.
For distance only lessened and lessened. 22-åringens head start decreased all the way and even admits Klæbo that the thought struck him that he came to be brought in.
- Yes, I think I missed a lot in the mid-section. This kilometersmerket were never down. I felt that from two to one and a half miles again it went late, it was the toughest party. You wars and wars, but don't feel that it goes forward.Share the glory
Trønderen already has a track record that goes far beyond the majority of competitors, after only two and a half season on the seniornivå. Klæbo calls itself for the privileged of questions about the start of his career.
- It has gone on shining, and you feel that you are very privileged that get to keep on with this here, and at this level, there is no guarantee. I was just trying to continue to look forward, set new goals and continue with it, I have faith, " he says.
Norway's new skikongen is not hesitate to point out other people's contributions in your own success.
I think a lot of what has happened the last two years to the father and He have a big part of the credit for. They manage to work together so well that my everyday life is very much easier and I have a dad who is also doing the same. They should have a lot of credit, " says Klæbo.PRAISE: Sjur Røthe was fastest on the last stage and afterwards he was full of praise about the roommate who won the Tour de Ski. Photo: Terje Pedersen / NTB scanpix Show more - Extremely impressive
Of the other runners on the team described Klæbo as a wonderful person to have to do. It is clear that trønderen be respected not only for what he does in skiløypa, but also what he does outside. Sjur Røthe is one of them as roses unencumbered by the younger teammate.
- There is something quite special about him. Now, I have been fortunate that I have got stayed in the room with him these days in Val di Fiemme and it is extremely impressive to see and hear how he thinks, and how to set small goals, " says Røthe.
I'm trying to exchange some ideas, like today I have been up here many times and try to come with my input, but first and foremost, I learn much of him and to have him so close. He is so inclusive, he offers his qualities. It puts the I really appreciate, continuing the vossingen.
Sammenlagtvinneren of the Tour de Ski will be grateful when he gets to hear the praise of lagkompisen.
- To become a kind of family that travels around. All together is just itself in all ways, then it's just about being a nice guy, it is the most important of all, says Klæbo.So much, Klæbo and Østberg on the Tour de Ski Feet on the ground
It is something that a Tour victory is not going to change, " says grandfather Bill Høsflot, who has followed the grandchild closely through the whole tour and that was in the middle of the ground on the last leg to cheer him up.
When he comes home he goes still and settles in his room. He has his legs planted on the ground, yes, " says Bill Høsflot.
For Klæbo still lives in the childhood home with the mother and father and emphasize exactly the family that the reason he is the person he is.
- There is no doubt. I think we have been quite aware of since day one, and at least in our family, it has been very clear that no matter how fast you go on the skiing will still be the same guy that has been the whole time, and it is perhaps what has been most important for us. I think both my mom and dad and family have been very important there, " says Klæbo.WON: John Høsflot Klæbo won the Tour de Ski overall in Val di Fiemme on Sunday. Video with permission: NRK View more Popular
Norway's new skikonge is an immensely popular figure in the rest of the langrennsmiljøet. Klæbos popularity has reached beyond the Norwegian borders, and both the foreign media and langrennsinteresserte've got the eyes up for trønderen.
Klæbo is often again and writing autographs to the eager children and young people to long after the other athletes are back at their hotels. Father and manager, Haakon Klæbo, says that there is something the son feels strongly for.
He is very concerned about it, because it is not very long since he himself was the position as it stood and wanted to get the autograph. We have had our discussions where I have wanted and said that ”now you have been written autographs in half an hour. Now we have to go!”, but he will, that all shall receive, at least those who do not necessarily come first in the køa
In the Tour de Ski have the interest for Klæbo been on a completely different level than any other of the active langrennsløperne and the natural question many are asking is whether he can take over Petter Northugs role as langrennssportens beacon.
" It is important that John is John and get to do things his way. He is concerned that it should be fun, it is entertainment. Cross-country skiing should be entertainment, and rock’n’roll. If he can be with and do it in the track, you see that fightene he has had now, with the russians making the sport more attractive and makes it more exciting for us to see, " says Haakon Klæbo.800 meters down the hill stood the father and screamed. But he does not remember what