the VAL DI FIEMME (Dagbladet): John Høsflot Klæbo went a brilliant skirenn, won both the inmates spurtene and was also superior on the run when he secured victory on the fellesstarten in Val di Fiemme.
the Victory was only better by the fact that Sergey Ustjugov got it knalltøft on the last five miles of the race. Before the stage separated the five seconds between the two. Now Klæbo 1 minute and 20 seconds to go on his Russian rival.
Coach Eirik Myhr Nossum says this is one of the most toughest he has seen of the youngster.
- After x-number of OLYMPIC gold at a young age, this is one of the most impressive he has done, in fact. It is the world's perhaps the hardest klassiskløype, and he makes it look easy out and own the field, " says Nossum.
- I'm not surprised that he is with and will win eventually, but I'm surprised over the way he does it. That he chew the field and spits it out. He takes max bonus and win, I don't think is done here before, so it is impressive, " continues the general.
Itself will not Klæbo rate the race against what he has done before, but was clearly happy by what he had managed on fellesstarten.
- It is difficult to say, but it feels certainly very good. I got really over there I would, and I'm just very happy, " says a smiling Klæbo.
After finish stood Klæbo and scouted beyond the run. Throughout the 42 seconds it took before Ustjugov was in goal.
I did not know where he was, so I was a bit concerned to see how far behind he was. It is here, when you first get it going, the seconds quickly and it sees you. Then you can think how it is in the morning, if you first get it up the last hill there, so I'm afraid that the seconds can go fast, " says Klæbo.Should take a look
Although Klæbo not even take the victory in advance, it is clear that now he is the big, big favorite to walk away with the entire tour. Former winner Martin Johnsrud sundby's time believe the final stage is only a formality and that Klæbos management is impossible to lose.
- It is not possible. No one has ever lost 1.20 up the ground, and in any case not in the form John is in now. Now, it's really only about to get control of your nerves and it is a little nerve-wracking for him to go into the ground without knowing completely what he goes to, " says sundby's time.ADVICE: Martin Johnsrud sundby's time have some tips to John Høsflot Klæbo before the last stage. Photo: Terje Pedersen / NTB scanpix Show more
34-year-old stands with two victories in the Tour de Ski and has good experience to go alone up the ski hill to victory. He believes it would have been smart for Klæbo to familiarize themselves with the bottom of the hill in the evening, to calm your nerves a bit.
It had certainly been okay for him to take a walk in the evening into the ground and peeks a bit at the start and only finds peace up there. It is the rare major impact up the ground there, " says sundby's time.
however, It has not Klæbo some plans to make.
- No, I think we are waiting to in the morning. We encounter it early enough. I have only seen it on tv and it looks steep enough on the tv. I know that when you meet it in reality, it is often steeper, so I think it is just as well that I lie low and not look at it.A scandal if he doesn't get to price: the World has never experienced skier! - Gets little sleep
After that Klæbo was done with the press and autografsignering to the eager Italian children waited for a doping control, before the Norwegian could travel back to the hotel. As the "first in the Tour de Ski," says Klæbo that he doesn't quite know how he should fix it the next day.
" I have never been in that situation here so I don't know what I should, but one must surely do the same as I have done up to now. Take it easy, eat well and be sure to get in enough, and so is the well only to open in the careful pace in the morning, and bet that you have an ok day.
sundby's time tells us that his best advice is to find their own pace. He is not concerned that Ustjugov should be no problem.
If he asks for advice is it to not get stiff into the ground. That I think is stupid. He has as good a time now that he can find a good flow from the start and into the ground and then he can really go his own race from the bottom and up. My guess is that he does not lose much. Ustjugov is not something bakkeklatrer him either. I believe this should be straightforward, " says sundby's time.
Klæbo has evident respect for the last the ground and mentioned several times in interviews in the aftermath of today's race that he believes one can lose much on a bad day, even though he admits that the chances of his now is good.
It is of course good, but the seconds can go fast. You see that Ustjugov lose a minute here today. It will be heavy. It feels at least good and distanseformen has been good the last two launders, says Klæbo.
- you are Going to sleep well in the night?
- No, I don't think. I think I'm going to sleep well in the morning night, but not in the night. In the night, I think it is little sleep and just lie and dread to a great hill we shall meet in the morning.Laugh at the russians ' tactics: - They are stupid as bread