2. Division is back, and as a special offer, you can now see the end game free. Follow your heart, follow your club and get access here.
Are you already a PLUS customer, you'll see fighting here
PANDRUP, denmark (Ekstra Bladet): the Joy and the relief was not to be mistaken for the Original players and staff, since one point was secured against Jammerbugt.
0-0 in the north of Jutland meant, namely, the promotion of a better goal difference than the competitors from Aarhus Fremad.
Let the champagne flow. FC Helsingør was the season's best team in 2. division. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
Read kampreportagen from Jammerbugt-FC Helsingør here:
See also: Big drama: Promotion outer-mandate
Just as the referee's whistle sounded, were all of the man down towards the travelling fans, who had created a great atmosphere to fight through.
So could redemption otherwise skriges out, while the champagne and the beers were foaming out on the lawn in Pandrup, denmark.
- It is a HUGE relief. The whole season has promotion been the goal, and I must admit that I was a bit worried when I saw us play after coronapausen. It was close with the Aarhus Forward to the last but the most important thing is that we lived up to favoritværdigheden and must now play 1. division, said head coach Morten Eskesen, who certainly had reason to inflate relieved.
head Coach Morten Eskesen got the air tours, which belongs to, when a promotion is in the house. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
the Elsinore was a few centimeters from the slip transition in the referee's stoppage time in the north. A true ping-pong-game in front of Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard's goal ended with a trippelredning from the experienced keeper and a stolpeskud on the very inner of opstanderen.
- It is absolutely crazy. We were two centimeters from the still to be 2. divisionshold! What a roller coaster ride! And now we are here, where it all clapped anyway.
We had the necessary luck, and I think we have the squad and the organization to play 1. division. It is insanely cool that it managed, said Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard, before he was interrupted by a ølbad from his teammates.
Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard and the Elsinore-the team came on glatis against Jammerbugt, but the promotion was secured. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
the Elsinore had approximately 60 fans on the long trip to Pandrup. They were rewarded with a nullert and a promotion. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
The former Randers and Elfsborgkeeper, however, was experienced enough to quickly return to its reply.
It had been a disaster, if the transition failed. We've bet big on moving up, and now we got fortunately the reward. It is so important for everyone in the club, said the 37-year-old Kevin Stuhr Ellegaard, who even have two years left of his contract with the Elsinore and would like aired the idea of a reunion with the premier League.
Yes, when. Anything can happen, when we are facing here today. No, it gets insanely difficult in 1. division, but we can easily commit us, I'm sure.
There's something to celebrate in Elsinore, when spillerbussen when home from the North. Photo: Claus Bonnerup
How should it here be celebrated?
- As a championship. Lots of beer and party with these amazing teammates. I'm soon an old man, but I think damn, I will be by midnight tonight...
Read more about 2. division including:
Read about him HERE (+)
2. division - 2. christmas. 2020 - pm. 15:24 You decide: Who has scored the season's goals in the 2. division?
2. division - 3. christmas. 2020 - pm. 10:42 of the Absurd own goal from 30 metres
2. division - 2. christmas. 2020 - pm. 20:02 Sinister accident: Scores and slams his head into the post