For many Formula 1 fans, Michael Schumacher this main running through the ages. With seven WORLD titles and 91 contest victories, he is also the most winning through the ages.
But it stands to rivals from the end of the 90's, canadian Jacques Villeneuve, then Schumacher not among the five greatest drivers in history, for he was never a great champion.
- There have been too many negative stories. Many questioned how many contest and championships were won. And to be a great champion is about more than winning races, " says 47-year-old Villeneuve, according to Reuters.
Villeneuve, who was himself champion in 1997, pointing instead at the Ayton Senna, Alain Prost, Lewis Hamilton, Niki Lauda and Jackie Stewart as the greatest masters in history.
the Article continues below the images
Michael Schumacher in 2000 with his wife Corinna. Photo: AFP / Paul Crock
Michael Schumacher exults over the victory in 2004, but a great champion he was not, reads it. Photo: YURIKO NAKAO / Ritzau Scanpix
do you Love Schmacher, so see here:
Touching greetings to Schumacher: We love you - see the entire program here
7 - Michael Schumacher, Germany
5 - Juan Manuel Fangio, Argentina
4 - Lewis Hamilton, united kingdom
4 - Alain Prost, France
4 - Sebastian Vettel, Germany
3 - Jack Brabham, Australia
3 - Jackie Stewart, united kingdom
3 - Niki Lauda, Austria
3 - Nelson Piquet, Brazil
3 - Ayrton Senna, Brazil
When Hamilton probably soon become the 2018 world champion, so is he, along with Schumacher and argentine Juan Manuel Fangio the only one who has achieved five WORLD cup titles, and Villeneuve has a good eye for the briton.
- I rank Hamilton over Schumacher - and even with the distance, says Villeneuve, who considers Hamilton with 71 grandprix victories can download the Schumacher's record of 91 victories, for there are more races per season than there were in Schumacher's time.
- Mercedes era will be hard to stop with these rules, says Villeneuve, who like Hamilton way to be.
- There is very little negativity. Whether you like the way he lives his life or not, then there is nothing dirty or negative about it. There is nothing dirty against the opponents, but just respect, it sounds.
- There is no question whether he's cheating or running dirty, and it makes a big difference. How should a master be, " says Villeneuve.
About Schumacher's WORLD titles then it is to be noted, that in 2002 won the title after already in the season's sixth race to have dictated the team-his classmate Rubens Barrichello to leave a victory for the German, and when Villeneuve won in 1997 tried Schumacher to run the canadian the of the pitch, as he himself would have snatched the WORLD title. In the tv clip of the article you can see the clips from back then, Schumacher would be beaten.
Villeneuve stopped his active racing career in 2016, where he raced in the Formula E series, while Michael Schumacher ago skistyrtet in december 2013, has been shielded for the rest of the world. Only the immediate family knows of his condition, and, of course, also this friend, who tells that he visits Schumacher a few times a month, which you can read about RIGHT HERE.
Are you going with the Formula 1 in the 90's? At these links you can become smarter
Sports and Games Fast legends: Formula 1's 25 greatest drivers
Sports and Games F1's first dream team: Since the McLaren hit the spot
Sports and Games 20 years ago: As the F1 teams fought for Magnussen
Sports and Games Jason Watt was a split second from the Formula 1
Sports and Games Life after Formula 1: How is it gone danes
Fortunately, all is going well for Schumacher's family: