Nothing is progressing as expected and planned for this cycling season, which coronapandemien have closed everything down. Nor did Bjarne Riis’ partial acquisition of the south african World Tour team, NTT Pro Cycling, has been executed.
Bjarne Riis and his associate Lars Seier Christensen and Jan Bech Andersen has thus not yet a formal co-owners of the team. It confirms Bjarne Riis to Ekstra Bladet.
- as such There is not something new. It is still the intention of all parties that we need to take over a part of the team, but it is not formally happened yet, " says Riis, who is employed as a ‘general manager’ of the team.
the Partnership with the south african Douglas Ryder, who is the founder of the company behind the cycling team, Ryder Cycling, was announced at a press conference 8. January at the Hotel D'angleterre in Copenhagen.
a Few days after the publication of the agreement with Douglas Ryder and NTT Pro Cycling met Riis for the first time with the whole team on a training camp in Dénia, Spain. Photo: Ernst van Norde.
the Agreement was dropped in place shortly beforehand, and there were not found the time to draw up a contract and formalize the agreement. Instead, it was given the handshake on the agreement with a letter of intent - a so-called ‘letter of intent’ - as then the page would need to be replaced with an actual contract.
Coronakrisen and since the dissolution of the Virtu Cycling Group came, however, on the cross, says Riis.
- We shall just have to keep track of it all, as we are still in time with the decommissioning of Virtu. But nothing has changed in relation to what we want to do, and it is, as Doug would like, says Bjarne Riis.
- We need to find out which context we need to run the team, and it has been difficult under the circumstances, there has been in recent months. Now, we hope soon to be able to hold a meeting, so we can get things in place, says Riis.
- it's still you, Lars Seier Christensen and Jan Bech Andersen, who stands as the buyers?
- It is the intention, says Bjarne Riis.
Jan Bech Andersen writes in an sms to Ekstra Bladet, that it is ‘still under discussion’, how the ownership of NTT Pro Cycling should be organised.
See also: strongly disagree: - Selfish opinion
See also: Pressure cycling teams dread of the Tour de France-cancellation
See also: Virtu Cycling shuts down.
Cycling - 20. may. 2020 - pm. 15:15 He knows where the fraudster-the doctor is in
See also: Oleg Tinkov has cancer