Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been an optimal start to his career as Manchester United manager. Through a hectic juleperiode is Norwegian with a full pot in the Premier League and after Saturday's FA cup match against Reading, he takes with him the crew of a four-day long training camp to Dubai.
- It gives us time to work with the shape and train hard. So if some of the players think it is a holiday, they take completely the wrong. We are there to stay together, work hard with the physical, and of course look forward to the Tottenham match, " says Solskjær to the club's website.
According to the Daily Mail to the team, stay at a five-star hotel in the united arab Emirates, and Solskjær look at it as an opportunity to become better acquainted with spillergruppa in a warm environment. The team also went to Dubai on the same time last year, then under José Mourinhos leadership.- slate
Dubai is the largest city in The united arab emirates, and has come under criticism for violations of human rights on repeated occasions.
In the last year was menneskerettighetsforkjemperen Ahmed Mansoor imprisoned for ten years after he spoke out publicly about human rights violations in the united arab Emirates. Freedom of expression and freedom of the press is limited in the country, and freedom of religion are restricted. Also women's rights are limited and, in addition, is homosexuality prohibited.Shared reports about Solskjærs role in spillerkjøp. Here are the hottest names
Several human rights organizations have expressed themselves critically against several of the conditions, and believes that the united arab Emirates violate human rights. Amnesty International is not satisfied with that also Solskjær, apparently indiscriminately, taking the team to Dubai.
- When you interact and brushing on the reputation of a country with a long menneskerettighetsrulleblad, one takes not responsibility that one should take. It is problematic when uncritically, go to Dubai and give them a better reputation than they deserve, " says secretary general of Amnesty Norway, John Peder Egenæs, to Dagbladet.-
the Newspaper has set Manchester United a number of questions around the conditions in Dubai and if they see any problems by going there.
None of these were answered, but the club sent a general answer on why they have chosen to go to Dubai.
the Club's decision to go to Dubai for a short training trip in warm weather is solely due to the weather and of the practical reiseårsaker, enter the club in an e-mail to Dagbladet.
- It is not, is Egenæs answer to Manchester United's response.Former United player shelves Solskjær: - I saw the other side of him
- They can say that they go to warm up the guys before the match against Tottenham 13. January, but at the same time, the with to launder the reputation of a country that most likely is the with in war crimes in Yemen and that has blocked a human rights activist for ten years.
A large percentage of the residents in Dubai are foreign workers, and Egenæs is not impressed with the femstjernershotellet as manchester United's star players will are accommodated.
- there, it is probably the many gjestearbeiderne from Southeast Asia that mows the lawn and varter up, without getting paid near what they deserve, " he says.- Dobbeltmoralsk
Earlier this season used, all teams in the Premier League, Manchester United included, kapteisarmbind and shoelaces in rainbow colors to give their support to the LGBT community.
Our work in this area is something we are incredibly proud and demonstrates Manchester United's long-standing commitments to the club's values around inclusion, stated the club in that context.
Amnesty Norway believes the club do not stand up for those values by travelling to Dubai, where homosexuality, as previously mentioned, is prohibited.Marte (24) pardoned after she reported rape in Dubai
In the western world, it is popular to show tolerance and fan with regnbueflagget, but once they come to Dubai, they hold nicely shut up, " says Egenæs.
He is disappointed that the club did not use this trip to make a difference.
This could have been an opportunity for the club to signal that they stand for the values they have fronted. Then there had been a purpose to this trip. If they don't do it, it soon becomes dobbeltmoralsk, believe Egenæs.- Vicious
In 2016 made the Swedish Malmö FF a turnaround after the fans protested against their plans to add a training camp to Dubai. A few weeks later reached both Rosenborg and Molde, under Solskjærs management, the same conclusion, after that also their supporters had expressed dissatisfaction against the club's plans.Tempts it with a trip to Dubai?Here are five reasons why you should think about the first
- To add a training camp to a country that is so having and after each clearly illuminated as Dubai, is simply reprehensible, " said the spokesperson for your fan club the Core, Espen Creek, to NRK at the time.
In Denmark is in progress there is now a similar discussion, and on Thursday asked the Brøndby-fans an explanation from the club about why they have chosen to add the training camp to Dubai. The two other Danish top clubs, F. C. Copenhagen and FC Midtjylland, has also scheduled trips to the united arab Emirates.
Qatar is another country that often gets criticism for many of the same conditions as in the united arab Emirates. There drag clubs like Bayern Munich, PSG and PSV at training camp this month.- Norwegians don't realize that we are second class citizens