One of the great Danish boksenavne have found themselves a new promoter, after he was last in the barn at Team Sauerland.
Patrick Nielsen has signed with the fledgling promoter Peter Forsman, who had previously worked with both Patrick Nielsen and his brother Micki.
the Breakup with Sauerland was inevitable.
Patrick Nielsen tells Ekstra Bladet on a collaboration, which for many years have worked, but that has changed. The boxer will boxes more.
- well, I've been 11 years in the Sauerland region, and there has been something there, but it is as if we have slipped away from each other in the past.
- I will, of course, like back in Denmark and boxes some more matches. It can Also offer, and now I get to chase my dream again, " says Patrick Nielsen for the Extra Magazine.
Patrick Nielsen are no longer working together with Team Sauerland. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
Patrick Nielsen led in april last year a painful defeat to Arthur Abraham. Many believed that Nielsen was cheated by the judges, and the boxer himself was keen on a revanchekamp against the German-Armenian was.
he had never, even though the Team Sauerland was declared the., and it disappoints Patrick Nielsen.
- I have been waiting half a year on the Abraham fight. I was promised that I would get it within two months, and now I've waited half a year.
- It is very disappointing. So we just back to the old one, where I only boxer every six years, and it's not what I will, says Patrick Nielsen for the Extra Magazine.
Patrick Nielsen is looking forward to boxes in Denmark again. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
Promoter Peter Forsman has a clear plan for the strong boxer. There must be changes both in and outside the boxing ring.
- I have two different ambitions with Patrick. I will make sure that Patrick is becoming more recognized for all the positive things he does.
- People only remember the bad things as f.ex. the battle against Rudy (Markussen, ed.) and never the positive things. It will I change, so Patrick may be hailed for it, he can.
And so I will win some titles. The goal is to win a WORLD title.
Peter Forsman has already the first matches ready for Patrick Nielsen. The first match will be in Aarhus in may, where the opponent is yet unknown.
After the three matches is the plan that must be won titles.
- the Match after the three should be a match in the beginning of 2020, says Peter Forsman to Ekstra Bladet
Patrick Nielsen is perfectly in line with his new promoter.
- I started boxing to become world champion or european champion. If everything goes well, then this is the plan that we can start to aim for big things.
- I have an ambition to become world champion, says Patrick Nielsen.
Patrick Nielsen's new promoter, Peter Forsman, started his promotorkarriere as late as in december last year. According to him, he is, however, quite ready for the big task
It is based among other things on its cooperation with Dina Thorslund.
- I have built a world champion up (Dina Thorslund red.). Since I took over, she has become junior world champion, european champion, WBC champion and the WBO champion, says Peter Forsman to Ekstra Bladet.
Forsman has been in the boksebranchen long and will learn of the two promotorgiganter Mogens Palle and Goblin Sauerland.
- I have learned enough to be able to start up for myself. I would learn from the mistakes as a Fairy (Sauerland red.) and Mogens (Pallet red.) have made, and make sure that there will be something continuously Danish boxing again, says Peter Forsman.
Even if Palle and Sauerland take up much space in Danish boxing, believes Peter Forsman, that there is a need for him as the new promoter.
- There is a need for me for two reasons. The one is, that Mogens Palle is about to be up in years, and so has the Sauerland region not very many boxers in the contract for longer and keeps only 2-3 rallies a year.
- where I stand me out in relation to the Sauerland, is that I can get more home games. I will get to hold 4-5 rallies a year, says Peter Forsman.
the Ambitions are high at the start-up promoter.
- the Goal is to be the promoter who gets the most spectators to their rallies, and to him who makes the greatest setup. It is definitely my goal, " says Peter Forsman to Ekstra Bladet.
Forsman sees not itself as a challenge for Palle and Sauerland.
- I do not see myself as a competitor to the Pallet and the Sauerland, because I think there is room for all, says Peter Forsman.read more Close
Patrick Nielsen is happy with his new promoter. Photo: Tariq Mikkel Khan
Patrick Nielsen is thrilled about the prospect of boxes more. He has not bokset a match since april.
- To go from boxes every seventh month to boxes three times a year, is quite amazing, " says Patrick Nielsen.
Now to start training towards the upcoming matches as final. Patrick Nielsen is enjoying the long preparation time, which he has been accustomed to in the past.
- It is nice that Peter has planned its rallies already. It means incredibly much to me. I like to have a date so I can prepare myself better.
- The last half year I got the dates to know three months before I was to boxes. It is not a long enough time to prepare, says Patrick Nielsen, who is looking forward to boxing at home.
- I love that the boxes in Copenhagen, for it is there, I'm coming from. It's also cool that the boxes abroad, but it is always something special to box in Denmark, says the 27-year-old boxer to the Extra Blade.
Patrick Nielsen has bokset 32 matches in his career. It has been to 29 victories and three defeats.
Boxing - 13. feb. 2019 - at. 08:42 Kessler saved the big secret: I have never told
Boxing - 4. feb. 2019 - at. 20:36 Palle and Sauerland fighting for boksebrag: Will gild the Danish stars