Therese Johaug taking no chances after a great mental påkjennelse before christmas and are very pleased with the decision to sit out this season's edition of the Tour de Ski.
- To sit out the Tour de Ski, was a very simple choice, so the season has evolved for Therese. As long as she doesn't do something stupid, she will be in the shape we want in the world cup. To visit the Tour de Ski, could have been stupid. The chance we would not take, tells Johaugs personal trainer Pål Gunnar Mikkelsplass to the Newspaper.
- If there are many utenomsportslige things that come into play, affecting the totalbelastningen. It has done that Therese has been on the "half less". It has been very much noise around her, but now she's ahead again.
- Is it more risky to push the body in the Tour de Ski if one is already in very good form, versus if you need launders to compete in shape?
- There may be something in it. Therese is in very good form, and then presses one body even harder and go longer down in the basement than one that is not in the form. When one feels rather that one is going in the goal without having managed to take out everything. It is more risky to go for the tour if one is already in top shape, think Johaugs personal trainer.- Mentally tired,
Manager Jørn Ernst does not hide that Johaug has been through a tough period purely mentally in the months and weeks before christmas.DEBATE: Vidar Løfshus and Tomas Pettersson guests Dagbladet langrennsprogram and speak out about past feuds together with the presenter Øyvind Godø. The debate rises when Therese Johaug and, not least, Petter Northug is the theme, while Pettersson reveals Sweden's special view of Heidi Weng. Løfshus and Pettersson also turns the alarm on Norwegian kvinnelangrenn. Wide... Show more
- Therese have been mentally tired. Therese really need this konkurransepausen, " says Ernst Dagbladet
- because of The fabric of the season with all of the excitement that has been linked to the comeback of her and all the throttle in any way around her. There have been many things. Therese considered to go the Tour de Ski long, but the choice of whether to stand over, was very appropriate for her. This was long awaited, says Johaugs manager.
In addition, Therese had a very tough summer and spring. She has been through a lot, with the deaths in close circle of friends, the comeback and many medietreff. She got a reaction after Kuusamo and will be on the safe side, supplements kvinnelandslagstrener Ole Morten Iversen.Long pause
Konkurransepausen continues for the world's best distanseløper.
Johaug dropper, among other things verdenscuphelgene in Dresden, Lahti and Cogne, in because of program of events (many sprints), winding way (Cogne) and the importance of getting trained enough ahead to world cup."FUSKAR": the Pictures of Therese Johaugs extreme transformation touches the swedes. At the same time discuss Tomas Pettersson and Vidar Løfshus though Johaug actually is a "fuskar", as she was featured in Expressen. Presenter: Øyvind Godø. Video/editing: Kristoffer Løkås Show more
Johaugs previous skirenn took place in Davos 16. December, when she triumphed 12,1 seconds ahead of Ingvild Flugstad Østberg.
One whole month it will go before she makes a comeback in the Estonian Otepää 20. January, where 30-year-old from dalsbygda, upon application only runs one race,the 10 km classic. To comparison go Charlotte Called and Ebba Andersson, who also dropped the Tour de Ski, skirenn again in Falun already this weekend.
In the Swedish Ulricehamn go Johaug both days: both the 10 km freestyle and the relay. Secondly, she participates in two of the distances in the Skiing CHAMPIONSHIP in Meråker.
Secondly, take Johaug a new konkurransepause. It will last until the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Seefeld. Thus there are only two individual verdenscuprenn from the middle of December to end of February for the 30-year-old, as well as for all solemerker one stafettetappe in Ulricehamn.
" It will be a long break without competition, yes, but I think it should be fine. It is all about the world cup for her. Together with Ole Morten and Pål Gunnar she has added a good plan which we all have faith in, " says Ernst.Johaugs christmas
To Dagbladet explains now Pål Gunnar Mikkelsplass about how he, Ole Morten Iversen and Therese Johaug work.To celebrate Johaug christmas Dagbladet Plus
- It is a prerequisite that Ole Morten and I have the same philosophy. Fortunately, we are very agree. The partnership works optimally. It is completely unproblematic, tells Mikkelsplass.
- How is the division of roles between you?
- Ole Morten is on the flows and collections, while I am a conversationalist as Therese can call when she is wondering something and when we should schedule things. Therese and I put a plan in place, then comes Ole Morten, with input, before we come to a conclusion.
Since Davos-the weekend has Johaug trained very well, according to Mikkelsplass.
- Therese has trained very well. The last few weeks, you can call a mengdetreningsperiode, but with also touches of the rigorous training. It is important to put something into the bank in the course of the season and not just take out. Training is a fresh commodity, and these treningsukene is important to strengthen the foundation, points out Mikkelsplass.
Therese had fine days at Sjusjøen and dalsbygda, upon application, as well as a trip to Bergen. At Sjusjøen, and in dalsbygda, upon application, it has been good training conditions, and it has gone very well for her. Everything has gone according to the plan, the provisions Jørn Ernst.Will have the cynicism Historical Norwegian bunnivå: Creates the friction between Nilsson and Iversen
After Skiing-NM add Johaug into a new training period when she is scheduled to travel on høydeopphold Seiser Alm, given that the snow conditions are good enough, along with Ingvild Flugstad Østberg.
- I think Therese is going to perform better now in the next part of the season than she did before christmas. At the same time, the competitors also rise, " says Mikkelsplass , says Mikkelsplass to the Newspaper.
Kvinnelandslagstrener Ole Morten Iversen supports Johaugs cynical priorities to go so get skirenn that she actually does, compared with previous seasons and compared to many of its competitors, which, for example, lagvenninnene Heidi Weng and Ingvild Flugstad Østberg, or Krista Pärmäkoski, Natalya Neprajeava and Jessica Diggins.
- It is a smart, good and cynical priorities to ditch the Tour de Ski. Many have much to learn from Therese here. I miss several who dare to do the same. The Tour de Ski, she can go next year, but the world cup in Seefeld is only now, says Iversen.13-year-old Northug gave Estil hakeslepp: - one of the baddest I've seen