ULLEVAAL STADIUM (Dagbladet): Vidar Løfshus state that he is seeking new challenges after the season and ending as the commander of the langrennslandslagene. It informs the Norwegian ski federation.
- Should you have this job, one must be the top subject and be inspired every day on the job. It is a job where you work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, " says Løfshus.
- the Motivation lacks a little, and then it is time to give up, " says Løfshus.
Løfshus enlightened towards training Espen Bjervig before christmas that there was a 50/50 percent chance that he came to continue in the job. He says that he probably is not going to continue to work with the cross-country skiing at the top level after the end of the season.
Now begins the job of obtaining a replacement.
- To find a copy, I don't think are any good. But this is elite sport, we need one that is dedicated. It is a demanding position. It blows on top, " says Bjervig to the Newspaper.Northug would kick Løfshus. So he changed his opinion of the English golden age
He has been on a golden age for the Norwegian cross-country skiing and been in the job since may 2011. He has worked 13 years in the Norwegian ski federation.
- It is, first and foremost, sad. This has been a part of my life for many years. It is a crazy transition, and I'm not saying that it necessarily goes easy, " says Løfshus to the Newspaper.
He says that he is not going to give itself entirely with cross-country skiing.
I'm a langrennsmann.
When he sums up his time as coach, he thinks, of course, on the achievements of the athletes has demonstrated through his time. There is not much that is similar.
- It is almost only the highlights, " says Løfshus, including pulling ahead of Petter Northugs femmilsgull in Vancouver in 2010.Langer out
Løfshus has also been rakrygget in a pair of problematic years with two positive dopingprøver for the Norwegian athletes. Løfshus was grueling against the critics, something he himself again received criticism for.
no later Monday was the Finnish Aino-Kaisa Saarinen out and reprimanded Løfshus. She did not understand that he still had the job as a Norwegian national team coach.
- do you Feel that you are misunderstood in Europe?
It is much that they do not have knowledge and do not want to acquire knowledge. It is allowed to be their expense. We have to look far for cases that are more enlightened around it to Johaug and sundby's time, " says Løfshus.
But he acknowledges that life is more pleasant when it has not been so much to stand in.
Løfshus has never been skuggeredd, and is not afraid to say what he thinks. Bjervig confirms that there have been discussions around certain statements.
- There have been periods and statements as we have discussed, and not everyone has been happy with. It is a little bit of nature to those who deliver such performance, I think. They have a drive and a passion that makes that they do not become completely A4. We are going to live with, " says Bjervig to the Newspaper.Space
Bjervig says there is a void to fill.
- He has tremendous results. There is a void to fill. He has built up a system that works well in our sport. But now we have to find one that can take over after Vidar, " says training Espen Bjervig.
There was no point to try to persuade him. When he first decides, he is certain.Northug sent snide prick to the coach
- Are you surprised that he gives up now?
After 13 years with so much traveling, I understand that you may feel that you want to do something else.Richness of the year
He describes this as some content-rich year:
It has consisted mostly of joy. But there is no dance on roses, it's all about performance, a performance culture, to win skirenn. It is a great place to work. I've got every day. There have been some lows for my part also, but mostly it has been gratifying to go to work, " says Løfshus.
On the way forward, fortelller he:
The sense I do not. I have bought me a little time, the contract runs out in may. Avslutninga on this season is the main focus. In march I'll start to think about what I should do in the future, " he says. the