COGNE (Dagbladet): It was a clean maktdemonstrasjon of Aleksandr Bolsjunov when he won the generalprøven on the 15 km classic in Cogne on Sunday.
A seiersmargin of almost 44 seconds to the reigning world champion at the distance, Iivo Niskanen, was almost incredible.
Is he 44 seconds ahead of Niskanen? Boy! Yes. I don't know what to say. He goes fast, " says Hans Christer Holund to the Newspaper.Hugely far up the
Holund was the second best Norwegian on a åttendeplass, but was almost a half minute behind the Bolsjunov in goal.Are you Norway's largest langrennsekspert? 20 000 in the pot
- It is far up, yes, states Holund dry, and get help from teammate and Norwegian world cup-runner at the distance, Didrik Tønseth, to put an adjective in front of it.
- It is tremendously far up. It is klasseforskjell, but when he is in form he is completely impossible to do. We know, says Tønseth, who was almost two minutes behind the Bolsjunov in goal.
- it Is possible to pinch into almost two minutes on one and a half week?
- Well, it is the several kilometres almost. No, it is like we have seen often in the weekends before, there are big differences when people are in insane shape. It's been a week again, and we have had a little different recharge in here.don't Know who's going to beat him
the main Character himself, Aleksandr Bolsjunov, was satisfied with the win generalprøven, and the time difference down to Niskanen makes him confident that also the world cup-the gold is within reach now."New Johaug" went all-in in the debut
- I don't know, he answers in English, and turn out with his arms when Dagbladet asks about who can beat him at the distance of Seefeld.
Then there comes a small smile before the explanation comes in Russian.
Some will certainly be to try to beat me, but I'll try to be even better there. We'll see.Pointing at Emil Iversen
The reigning world champion, Iivo Niskanen, however, is not as safe as Bolsjunov that the Russian is unbeatable in the world cup.
Consolation he finds in Martin Johnsrud sundby's time and it happened ahead of the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Lahti in 2017.
- the Margins are so small on the men's side. I am lost for sundby's time in Otepää before the Lahti world CHAMPIONSHIP, so I actually have the same feeling now as then. We must do a better job in Seefeld with the skis and smørningen, " says Niskanen of the Newspaper.
- you Will say that you are the favorite as the reigning world champion on this distance?
- It is Bolsjunov who is the favorite, of course. But Emil is strong also, and we don't know how his fitness is now. He's going to be strong in Seefeld, " says the finn, and the drag suddenly the fresh norgesmesteren, Emil Iversen, into your favourite.
- Iversen said after the NM in Meråker that he hardly scared you with the 15-kilometer there?
I was sjanseløs to hang on to him in Lahti, so we'll see what happens the next few days. I hope I'll find the way back to the top of the podium, for it is not so fun to stand at the side of the winner, " says Niskanen.
15 km classic intervallstart in the world CHAMPIONSHIP goes Wednesday 27. February.- Felt like a bucket of dung SKI world CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM Thursday 21. February
At 12: 00 noon Prologue sprint: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemen Kl 14.00 Finals: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemenFriday 22. February
At 10: 30 Am Jump storbakke: Combined (HS120 in Innsbruck) At 16.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmSaturday 23. February
11: 00 Am 15 mile skibytte: Women At 12: 30 pm 30 miles skibytte: Gentlemen At 14.30 Jump Storbakke: GentlemenSunday 24. February
Kl 09.15 semi-finals lagsprint: cross-country Skiing women and gentlemen At 10: 30 Am Jump lagsprint: Combined At 11: 30 Finals lagsprint: Sprint freestyle cross-country skiing women and gentlemen 13.30 Hrs Lagsprint combined 2 x 7.5 km cross-country skiing At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse jump: InnsbruckTuesday, 26. February
13.30 Hrs 10 km classic: Women 16.00 Qualification jump: Womenon Wednesday the 27th. February
Kl 14.00 15 km classic: Gentlemen At 16.15 Jump: WomenThursday, 28. February
11: 00 Am Jump normalbakke: Combined At 13: 00, Relay cross-country skiing: Women, 4x5 km Kl 15.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmFriday 1. march
Kl 13.15 Relay cross-country skiing, Gentlemen, 4x10 km 16.00 Jumps Gentlemen, normalbakkeSaturday 2. march
11: 00 Am Lagkonkurranse combined: Jump normalbakke At 12.15 30 miles: Women, freestyle At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse combined: cross-country Skiing 4x5 km 16.00 Mixed lagkonkurranse jump: normalbakkeSunday 3. march
At 13: 00, 50 miles: Gentlemen, freestyle
Can you beat your friends, rivals, cross-country skiers, and experts in the Fantaski?
the Newspaper, and Swix launches a new manager games for cross-country skiing. Here you can set up your own team consisting of six girls and six boys in front of each verdenscuprunde. You get points based on how your athletes are performing.
the Game passes the entire season, but you win prizes each and every round.Play here