FREDERIKSBERG, denmark (Ekstra Bladet): Kamil Wilczek achieved the status of the gods in the Area. Hailed as one of the club's biggest heroes, because he was the club's most scoring player in the premier League. But now he is unique in scandinavia because the main hate object for the blågule fans after the controversial switch to chelsea FC.
on Thursday he was in a white shirt in Frederiksberg, surrounded by journalists to explain themselves after the switch from Turkish Göztepe to FC Copenhagen.
- Kamil, why switch to FCK?
- there are many reasons to. I was not happy to be in Turkey and were looking for something else.
I had several options, but I have selected the best club for me and my family.
- I chose the FCK because of the acting. It can be very direct, and I like that. So I am 32 years old, and I would like to win titles and play in Europe. The options I get in FCK, " explains the pole, while he is surrounded by Danish journalists in the high sunshine on the FCK-plant in Frederiksberg.
the Article continues below the image.
Photo: Philip Davali
- you Had also an offer from Brøndby?
- You have played for Brøndby, why switch to the club's worst rivals?
- I'm a professional footballer, and I must choose the best club for me at this stage of my career.
- It was a great period, I had in Brøndby. And I will never forget. But I'm a professional footballer, and I constantly think about.
- the Fans of Brondby are not satisfied with your switch. Can you understand them?
- I understand them. They are very følelsesprægede. But life goes on. Now I play in FC Copenhagen.
it Was a difficult decision to switch to FCK?
- Yes, I had to think about it. But I am sure that it is the right decision. I am very happy with my switch.
- Have you heard from anyone in Brøndby?
- I have received many messages. But I look not on them, and the social media. I need to focus on the soccer ball.
- You have only scored one goal in Turkey. What went wrong?
- There are many reasons that it did not. The acting and so the performance I am not from the start. They were in the middle of the season, and I just came from vacation. Now is the past. The future is the most important thing for me.
- As you traveled from Brøndby, you said that the club would always be in your heart.
- It does not change. It was a great time. But as I say, I'm a professional footballer. And the people also accept. I will do the best for my career and for my family. They missed Copenhagen, so we are happy to be back. In my world it is a right choice.
- do you Understand it can be difficult for the FCK-fans to see you in a white shirt, when you just have the game in a yellow?
I can understand That, but it's all in my hand. I just need to deliver on the pitch.
- do you Understand that fans of Brøndby is anger?
- I understand them. But they should also understand me. FCK has given me the opportunity to win something and play in Europe. This is a great opportunity for me.
- Are you worried about running into the Brøndby-fans on the street?
- No, I am not at all afraid. They can come to me, so I'll have to explain to me. I'm always open to talk with people, say, FC Copenhagen's new number nine – Kamil Wilczek.
Ekstra sportchef, Allan Olsen, commenting on the 'dynamitskiftet'. Video: Martin Ekelund/Maya Westander
FC Copenhagen - 6. aug. 2020 - pm. 11:10 Stale acknowledge that: - It is very controversial
See also: Inter-boss of Eriksen: - Everything looks suddenly positive