Andreas Star (30) fell badly in prøveomgangen before the team competition on Saturday. Still stacked him on the legs and went up and jumped the first place. It resulted in failure.
the Star country at 83 metres. Norway did not come to finaleomgangen and ended on niendeplass - 574,7 points behind the winner, Austria.
- When you see the result, it is very easy to be etterpåklok. It is a known issue that the athletes are pushing out a new jump after a fall, said Strap Evensen to the Newspaper.BRUISED: Andreas Star fell badly in prøveomgangen Saturday. This photo is from a previous occasion. Photo: NTB scanpix Show more
- You must almost have broken his legs for not doing it. The question is whether the Star was able to make the decision to skip the team competition so quickly after the fall. I would rather that he should not have jumped.Five jumpers
Norway's problem was that the coach Alexander Stöckl usually takes with six jumpers to a verdenscuphelg. To Lahti in Finland was only five jumpers - of various reasons.
the Star came in as a reserve for Tande who fell in Lahti on Friday. Only 24 hours later was also the Star in the ground. He had to check, would Norway had three athletes in the team competition.
the Question is about the Star felt pressured to participate. On Sunday, he stood above the individual race. He lay on the hotel room and felt quite bruised.
- No, answer the Star questions whether he was pushed.
- I would up and jump with the a time. If an athlete falls and not get jumping again, you may be mentally tired. It should not be for a long time until the next jump.Talked
Stöckl stated that he took the Star to the side after the fall. He describes it as ugly. On Sunday evening he would not give the Newspaper access to the video images of the Norwegian trenerapparatet sits on.NRK-EXPERT: Johan Strap Evensen. Photo: NTB scanpix Show more
I said to Andreas: "Zero stress: You get full support if you don't jump. In that case, we ask with three jumpers in the team competition and take it as a training." I also thought that if he held the set out, it would not be dangerous to jump. So it ended as it did with the 83 metres.
the Star says that he felt OK before he would jump in the first place. But Sunday he was completely finished.
- I have a body that does not have anything in the ski jump to make right now. I'm battered and bruised. The fall was pretty hard, he admits.
What happened when you fell?
I made a change from the previous jump. Skiføringen was bad and the conditions varied. I tipped around and landed on his back.
the Star says that it was a terrifying experience.
- I see in retrospect that it had not made a difference whether I was standing over. It has been the worst beyond hip. I'm going home and take some pictures. But I think that I first and foremost is battered and bruised. I'm going to host of the ski world cup.Strange,
Stöckl describes the weekend as a strange and that he never experienced anywhere else. It started with Anders Fannemel would be home and work out because of bad results. In addition, should the jumpers located in the vannskorpa to participate in the world cup, trying to jump into a kvoteplass in kontinentalcupen. Therefore, went the norwegians to Lahti with five jumpers from the normal six.Norwegian collapse and skrekkfall
Well in place in the Finnish forests fell both Tande and the Star. Tande says that he has been given a twist in the left knee. But he is excited about the next few days.Upturn
I have never earlier experienced anything like the weekend, " says Stöckl, who has been Norway's coach since 2011.
Hype came Sunday night when Robert Johansson finishing in third place in the individual race. Kamil Stoch from Poland won ahead of consequently won the match Ryoyu Kobayashi. Halvor Is Granerud was number five, Johann André Blame seven.
That we got through this weekend makes us only stronger. It says a lot about the effort, commitment, and the culture of the team, believes Stöckl.