FREDERIKSBERG, denmark (Ekstra Bladet): the Batteries are both been recharged and replaced!
Stale Solbakken is back in training after the christmas break, and it is with a brand new pacemaker installed in the chest.
FC København-manager was given last week replaced his pacemaker. It may sound dramatic, but it was all according to plan.
the Batteries do not last forever in the small appliance, and after a long time with the old model, it was again time for replacement of the ’Solbakkens life insurance’.
- It is something I have to do every nine years, so it was pure routine. It was quickly in, quickly out. It went fine and was over in a day, and I was at work the day after, says Stale Solbakken to Ekstra Bladet.
He has had a pacemaker implanted in the chest, since in 2001 he was hit by a cardiac arrest and was dead in seven minutes.
Only once has the pacemaker been in action. In 2009, during a run in the woods ’cracked it in the chest’, as he puts it, to Ekstra Bladet.
the Norwegian was just healthy, but could continue the run, and it's vanishingly little that the pacemaker fills in a busy life, where the heart is otherwise good can come of overtime.
Stale Solbakken is not among the most calm coaches during a match. The heart can get on the overtime, when the blood pumps out on the sidelines. Photo: Jens Dresling
- I don't think about it at all, says Stale Solbakken, who was not present the first training days, as FC Copenhagen in the last week started training.
According to the 50-year-old Norwegian was not, however, the replacement of the pacemaker:
- I had a few other tasks to cope with. The first few days of testing, I have tried 3000 times, so I had no need to look at again.
Then Johan (Lange, red.) and I was on a little excursion.
Where the excursion with the club's technical director went, Stale Solbakken did not disclose. A roguish smile and a ’we'll see’ is all it gets to.
If the mission is about a player, could very well had been a new central midfielder.
For it is the space that indkøbsbehovet is the greatest. Something that Solbakken did not hide from you:
- If we need to fill in, it is there. It is also the that we have said all the time. Otherwise we are fine occupied.
FC Copenhagen, said shortly before the christmas farewell to the Slovak midfielder Jan Gregus, and it has reinforced the desire for a new midfielder - and would like a dynamic and slightly younger model of its kind.
- It was not a part of the plan, that he should be sold. But Ján had 18 months left here, and the bid from Minnesota was high.
He got a nice offer, and we got a nice offer, so it went pretty quickly.
FC Copenhagen have so far downloaded a new player in this transfervindue, the uruguayan WORLD cup player Guillermo Varela.
Stale Solbakken expects to højrebacken will be spilleklar in the course of 5-6 weeks.
Sports and Games Stale 15 years after the hjertestoppet: My wife still can't talk about it
Sports and Games Played on FC Copenhagen: How is the war in the wings