COGNE (Dagbladet): One of today's major snakkiser in Cogne was the Swedish Frida Karlsson. She has been compared to Therese Johaug and is taken out in the Swedish world cup squad.
19-year-old took two gold medals in the junior world CHAMPIONSHIP earlier in the year and got his verdenscupdebut in the day.
- It should be very fun! I have looked forward to this, " said Frida Karlsson to the Newspaper before rennstart.
And it was no wonder that the cellist looked forward to today's race. For the young Swedish girl went out at a blazing pace, and midway through, after five kilometers, she led the race.
- She has the tendency that she will be a little tough out, and often get it eventually, warned Radio commentator, Torgeir Bjørn.Finnish skremmeskudd
And the Bears should be right in his prediction. For the more seasoned set after each stortalentet in place.
- It seemed to be checked out from the start, and that I could keep it, but it was a bit junioriver in the beginning there, " laughs Karlsson facing the Newspaper.
Nadine Fähndrich was over 30 seconds ahead of the swede in the goal, and then had 19-year-old lost over 20 seconds on only a few kilometers.
When Karlsson slid over the finish line, she was so stiff that she almost fell.
- The last three kilometres I had really stiff legs out there. Then it was just to wage war, " says Karlsson.
But I was somehow not tired in the breath, it was more the muscles I was tired. It is a track you have to go pretty hard on the surfaces in, there are quite a few flat sections, so it was a little off and on for me. In the lowlands, I think it was a controlled opening, but the height you get to taste it some more.
But it was even stronger runners a swiss Fähndrich out in the tracks of Cogne. For she did not maintain the lead long.Alarmed hand: - Johaug and I are remarkably similar,
Kerttu Niskanen seems to have peaked shape toward the world CHAMPIONSHIPS in Seefeld, and can be dangerous in the coming weeks. Finn snuck in three seconds in front of sveitseren, and the challengers had a tough job to surpass Niskanen.
Natalia Neprejaeva was the only one who could punish the Finnish chick, but she ended 12 seconds behind at the finish.
- I feel so good. I'm so glad. After many difficulties, I'm back, told Niskanen in a NRK-sent interview.Went on the smell: - Kjipt
Karlsson, admitted that she had had it tough, but was well pleased to finally have completed verdenscupdebuten.
- I show that I can go fast in the beginning, and I think went well on the ski also. I'm taking with me important lessons and experiences for the future, " she says to Dagbladet.
I think I went checked in the beginning, but I got a høydesmell towards the end. It is kjipt that I lost so much, " she.
- But if I had said to you that you would be number seven in the verdenscupdebuten, what would you say then?
- Wow! Cool.Norske hope
Ane Appelkvist Stenseth surprised many when she took him all the way to the final in yesterday's sprint in Cogne. Today was Anna Svendsen, accounted for the biggest positive surprise seen with Norwegian eyes.
- It provides the motivation to be able to go well at distance also. Of course, there are a lot of good runners missing today, but it to see that I have taken the step of the distance is very fun, " says Svendsen to the Newspaper.- Felt like a bucket of dung
No of the best Norwegian was to start in today's race, which opened up for the less famous runners could get tested against the world elite participated. 28-year-old Svendsen did a very strong race and ended on 11.-space.
It is high level, so it is fun to go a good race today, " says Svendsen.
the Magni Smedås, Marte Mæhlum Johansen, Sally Ear Fun, Anne Kjersti Kalvå, Julie Myhre and Hedda Østberg Amundsen also went to Norway.the SKI world CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM Thursday 21. February
At 12: 00 noon Prologue sprint: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemen Kl 14.00 Finals: Sprint freestyle women and gentlemenFriday 22. February
At 10: 30 Am Jump storbakke: Combined (HS120 in Innsbruck) At 16.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmSaturday 23. February
11: 00 Am 15 mile skibytte: Women At 12: 30 pm 30 miles skibytte: Gentlemen At 14.30 Jump Storbakke: GentlemenSunday 24. February
Kl 09.15 semi-finals lagsprint: cross-country Skiing women and gentlemen At 10: 30 Am Jump lagsprint: Combined At 11: 30 Finals lagsprint: Sprint freestyle cross-country skiing women and gentlemen 13.30 Hrs Lagsprint combined 2 x 7.5 km cross-country skiing At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse jump: InnsbruckTuesday, 26. February
13.30 Hrs 10 km classic: Women 16.00 Qualification jump: Womenon Wednesday the 27th. February
Kl 14.00 15 km classic: Gentlemen At 16.15 Jump: WomenThursday, 28. February
11: 00 Am Jump normalbakke: Combined At 13: 00, Relay cross-country skiing: Women, 4x5 km Kl 15.15 Combined cross-country skiing: 10 kmFriday 1. march
Kl 13.15 Relay cross-country skiing, Gentlemen, 4x10 km 16.00 Jumps Gentlemen, normalbakkeSaturday 2. march
11: 00 Am Lagkonkurranse combined: Jump normalbakke At 12.15 30 miles: Women, freestyle At 14.45 Lagkonkurranse combined: cross-country Skiing 4x5 km 16.00 Mixed lagkonkurranse jump: normalbakkeSunday 3. march
At 13: 00, 50 miles: Gentlemen, freestyle
Can you beat your friends, rivals, cross-country skiers, and experts in the Fantaski?
the Newspaper, and Swix launches a new manager games for cross-country skiing. Here you can set up your own team consisting of six girls and six boys in front of each verdenscuprunde. You get points based on how your athletes are performing.
the Game passes the entire season, but you win prizes each and every round.Play here