GARMISCH-PARTENKIRCHEN (Dagbladet): today is held Nyttårshopprennet for 67. time. Norway is in place with seven athletes in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany. But the start of Hoppuka have been disappointing. It believes NRK expert Johan Strap Evensen.
Athletes who do not perform in the day, there is a risk to be sent home before Hoppuka moves to Innsbruck and Austria.
That team Norway has disappointed. We have been spoiled with amazing results in the past. Now we have really only two that hangs with the in summary, says Strap Evensen to the Newspaper.the EXPERT: Johan Strap Evensen follows Hoppuka closely for NRK. This photo is taken in the Schattenbergbakken in Oberstdorf. Photo: Terje Bendiksby / NTB scanpix Show more
The first competition in Oberstdorf on Sunday was a strange sight, seen with Norwegian eyes. Andreas the Star surprised with fourth place and was best of the norwegians. Robert Johansson came up on sjuendeplass, while Johann André Blame was number 25.
Daniel-André Tande, Anders Fannemel and Robin Pedersen did not come to the other place in the Schattenbergbakken. Halvor Is Granerud qualified to even race.Underprestert
Norway has performed below what we hoped, " says Strap Evensen.
- of course You can't expect it to be top performance all the time. Fortunately, we have one exercise, maybe two, that can compete for the sammenlagtseieren in Hoppuka. We'll be happy with. But I'd seen that we were not hooked by that team already now. It is a little disappointing. We take the whole of the start of the season in consideration, that is where we are located. We have been too unstable and not provided.
Norway has a tradition to send home the athletes who have not performed after two races. Coach Alexander Stöckl confirms that there is also this time will be made an assessment after Nyttårshopprennet. Among them that are sitting ready at home in Norway, are talent Marius Lindvik. He fought with Granerud about the last hoppukeplassen, but lost at the finish line.
- We take an assessment after Nyttårshopprennet. Before it we are not talking so much about it. We have to let the guys jump first, " says Stöckl.
In reality, there is only the Andreas Star that is on the "within range" in the summary. He is 4,1 points behind the leader, Ryoyu Kobayashi, who won in Oberstdorf ahead of Markus Eisenbichler (Germany) and Stefan Kraft (Austria).Broke tradition: NRK did not celebrate with jumpers
Last season, Norway took the OLYMPIC gold medal in the team competition in South Korea. Why are we suddenly become a hoppnasjon fewer and fewer fear internationally?
- There are probably hundreds of explanations for it, " says Strap Evensen.
- But a part of the image is that we were very good on the equipment in the last year. We got all the other nations to really sharpen themselves to do a good job. Now they are clogged again the lead. The norwegians do not come to the ground with the same confidence as before.
Strap Evensen continues:
rule changes means that it has become more equal for all. Sudden 15 pieces win every ski jumping. I think maybe we've got a field that is set on equal terms. There are small margins make the difference between a win and 20. space.Stöckl steered away from the furious Tande
the Jumpers celebrated new year's eve at the hotel Mercure in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It was a nice opportunity to let the sporting press lie down for a few hours, and enjoy as a kompisgjeng.Place to be
- There is no active jumpers that will be some other place than in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, says sportssjef Clas Brede Bråthen.
- It is a great evidence that you have achieved something as a performer. For all of us around, it is a proof that we have groomed us so that we are allowed to drive with our passion. The price is that we don't get to celebrate the new year together with the nearest.Wirkola claims he was cheated in the Hoppuka