Enes Kanter have called Recep Tayyip Erdogan for ”crazy”, ”fool” and ”the dictator”. 26-year-old has called Turkey's president, ”our time's Hitler”.
And it is precisely because of Erdogan as Edges, which Turkey is trying to get wanted by Interpol, do not want to comply with the NEW Knicks to London, where the club faced the LA Lakers on Thursday.
– there are many who are crazy fans of him, " he says to the BBC and then develop for CNN.
– After what I said about London, I have received hundreds and hundreds of death threats almost every day. It has been very disagreeable to get them. I have gotten them on social media. It is sad to see my people, Turkish people, to threaten me so.
expressed its support for Fethullah Gülen, which Erdoğan believes to have been behind the coup, 2016 – believe that he risks his life if he follows to the Uk's capital.
" I would have loved to go to London... It's just so sad, for I am afraid for my life, given Erdogan's actions in other countries. He is very well known for to look out on the people who talk against the government, " says Edges to CNN.
Paul Levin, director of the Institute for Turkietstudier at Stockholm university, believes that Enes Kanter has the fog of their fear.
– Yes, there may be risks for individuals as he, with strong connections to this movement (Gülenrörelsen), " he says.
" Yes, it can very well imagine, that it is a wise decision.
– There is some basis for fear among the gülenister living abroad. Secondly, Turkey has used Interpol to call for opponents of the regime, and they have made a number of arrests on foreign soil, including in central asia, Azerbaijan and Malaysia.
Levin says that both sides of the power struggle – Erdogan's and Gülen – do not have ”clean flour in the bag”.
– There you can to point out is that the situation in Gülenrörelsen is complicated. They are deeply unpopular among other opposition activists, and accused of themselves, when they had high-ranking positions within the security services, particularly in the police and the judiciary, the jailing other opposition activists.