on Friday afternoon took a large group of muslims to the streets in Copenhagen from Blågårds Plads to Rådhuspladsen, in order to mark their strong dissatisfaction with the hate, especially Rasmus Paludan spreads.
’Enough is enough,’ it said loudly again and again, while the crowds moved through the city.
the Demonstration was from the beginning to the end settled peacefully, but the message was also clear: If the Danish politicians do not intervene now and stop the Rasmus paludan's the burning of korans and stop his insulting mockery of islam, so it can go far worse than the unrest, on Sunday hit Nørrebro and other copenhagen neighbourhoods.
- We do not want to provoke or hurt anyone, says Khalid Alsubiihi, which is one of the initiators of the demonstration.
- We just want the respect that we too are the danes and the citizens of the here community. Next, we run the risk, after all, is a new massacre like the one in New Zealand, where only a single man can light the fire to it all. We have to avoid it.
Requires the controversial paragraph restored to the
It was a mistake that the politicians apart from the Social democrats in June 2017, the abolition of the blasphemy-paragraph. It was the message from many protesters, who now has sent a written appeal to prime minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen (V) and the rest of the Parliament.
In the calls on the politicians to reintroduce the paragraph in the penal code. At the same time, it shall be prohibited to burn and in other ways destroy religious symbols like the Koran, the Bible and similar sacred writings, considers the muslim protesters.
Society - 19. apr. 2019 - at. 08:35 City gets a new prohibition
According to Khalid Alsubiihi means the qur'an far more for him and other muslims than to simply be a book with some letters on the paper.
Islam is the faith we live by in our everyday lives. And the Quran is the foundation of our lives.
- The values for burns, taunts, and demeans Rasmus Paludan. Therefore, a reaction that also, as it happens.
- Where goes the limit as to what you must speak about?
- the Difference between us and him is that we come with a peaceful message today, where we respect others ' religions, but we also demand respect for our. He comes with a message that he hates muslims, and they must not be in Denmark.
- He is spreading hatred against the minorities and divide us. It is the big difference between him and us, believes Khalid Alsubiihi.
- the qur'an is more than a collection of paper, you can just burn and trample on. It is the symbol of our religion, believes Khalid Alsubiihi, who was in charge for Friday's demonstration. Photo: Anthon Unger
Society - 19. apr. 2019 - at. 11:00 Paludan raging: 'Burn them all'
- What are you thinking about that the other day and was lit bonfires in the streets, after Rasmus Paludan visited Blågårds Plads?
- I can well understand that muslims are very wounded and outrage over, he comes and does these things. It has nothing with freedom of speech to do what he's doing.
- But I also say that you need not to play with his melody. That is exactly what he wants, when people act violently. Therefore, we have also demonstrated peacefully in the day and used the legal means available in the Danish society.
- You should not burn fire. The containers, which were burned on the streets, after all, is also our containers. It is them, we use to put our garbage in, says Khalid Alsubiihi.
In asking for help from the prime minister and other politicians to put a limit to what you must say and do. But where should the limit go?
- of Course you should be allowed to criticize and opine that islam is the wrong religion. But it makes you to argue objectively and with respect for others.
With raised korans and slogans marked the group peacefully, that they want politicians ' help to stop Rasmus Paludan. Photo: Anthon Unger
- So the border goes at it, as ralph waldo emerson do?
- What do you hope to get out of the demonstration today?
- The Danish politicians and the media must understand that we reach out now and say enough is enough. Take our hand and let us cooperate. We are a part of the Danish society and the Danish citizens who love Denmark.
- I have even been sent by The Danish Brigade, and put my life at stake for Denmark. Most muslims in Denmark, behave, work and are part of the society. Them must not be forgotten by cutting all the muslims over a comb.
- It will not do it here.
the Danish policy - 19. apr. 2019 - at. 06:26 Paludan claimed Hønge burned the quran of: - Racist howler