Mikkel Hansen is back in the Danish WORLD cup-håndboldlejr with a new title in the luggage.
5. January, he was namely father for the first time, and therefore he must now try to move the mind from the little newborn son and focus on the WORLD cup, which starts on Thursday.
- I would be lying if I said that it is not filled. Having a child is huge, and we are of course extremely happy with all three.
- But I am also well aware that there awaits me a really big task and a big experience first and foremost. It is playing at home and even a WORLD cup is a big experience, says Mikkel Hansen.
He is therefore not concerned about whether he can keep the focus on playing handball during finals.
- But it is clear that it will be a little different in comparison to the other times, where I could focus 100 percent on myself and on the team. While this time I of course also want to have a little time together with my family, says Mikkel Hansen.
the Article continues under the picture...
Mikkel Hansen is back in the Danish WORLD cup-håndboldlejr. Photo: Liselotte Sabroe.
The 31-year-old håndboldspillers girlfriend and newborn son, Eddie, Max, comes to stay in the vicinity during the WORLD cup, where Denmark play the first match in Copenhagen on Thursday.
From Friday, moving the team to denmark, where the group - and mellemrundekampene as well as a possible bronze - and ten games played.
- It has been essential for me to have family close by, so I can be a little present.
- It is clear that the most optimal would have been, if I could pull a whole month out of the calendar, so we could be together, but of course, I am also aware of what is in store and am also looking forward to it, " says Mikkel Hansen.
Denmark meets Chile in the first match played in the Royal Arena on Thursday at 20.15.
In group D, Denmark must also meet Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Austria and Norway.