The driver Duo of the Mercedes is superior in the second practice session for the Grand Prix of Australia is clear. Lewis Hamilton drives ahead of Valtteri Bottas in the best time. After the second one and a half hours on the track at Albert Park, Hamilton was on his best lap, only 48 thousandths in front of Bottas, but just eight-tenths ahead of third-placed Max Verstappen in Red Bull.
The ranking also enables the drivers of Ferrari, a wicked one, the first damper. Sebastian Vettel down in Fifth, almost nine-tenths on Hamilton. The German was only slightly faster than his former team-mate Kimi Raikkonen, who is now out for Alfa Romeo. The new car of Mercedes impressed also when you travel over several rounds. Hamilton and Bottas were also in the race simulation front.
The impressions that they had won for Ferrari at the test rides of the season in Montmelo, were very different. They had to leave Spain in the Faith, to be able to in Australia with the fastest car to compete. It was, at least for now, is a fallacy.
First free Training:
1. Lewis Hamilton (GBR), Mercedes, 1:23,599 (228,361 km/h).
2. Sebastian Vettel (GER), Ferrari, 0,038 back.
3. Charles Leclerc (MON), Ferrari, 0,074.
4. Max Verstappen (NED), Red Bull-Honda, 0,193.
5. Valtteri Bottas (FIN), Mercedes, 0,267.
6. Kimi Raikkonen (FIN), Alfa Romeo-Ferrari, 1,217.
7. Daniil Kwjat (RUS) Toro Rosso-Honda, 1,233.
8. Pierre Gasly (FRA), Red Bull-Honda, 1,333.
9. Kevin Magnussen (DEN), Haas-Ferrari, 1,335.
10. Nico Hulkenberg (GER), Renault, 1,416.
11. Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA), Alfa Romeo-Ferrari, 1,567.
12. Romain Grosjean (FRA/SUI), Haas-Ferrari, 1,625.
Also: 17. Daniel Ricciardo (AUS), Renault, 2,035.
20 riders in Training.
1. Hamilton 1:22,600 (231,123 km/h).
2. Bottas 0,048.
3. Verstappen 0,800.
4. Gasly 0,842.
5. Vettel 0,873.
6. Raikkonen 0,972.
7. Hulkenberg 0,974.
8. Ricciardo 1,044.
9. Leclerc 1,154.
10. Grosjean 1,214.
Also : 15. Giovinazzi 1,693.
20 riders in Training. (sda)
Created: 15.03.2019, 07:20 PM